Bagders are BA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bagders are BA!

Just saw a decent size boar hog leave my feeder in a hurry due to a badger wanting to come in and eat corn for the second time tonight. Deer are not bothered by the badger but did also see a one horned spike get after a yote. Ran him around the feeder pen and showed a flared rump and tail when the yote wanted in and tried to get in the feed pen. The one horned spike won this battle. Sure wanted to get a shot at this yote as he was a full haired beautiful yote. A great night of watching crotters interact!

Awesome man!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, badgers are really cool to watch. Like a pancake with legs when they walk.
      And good for that spike!!

Comment

Doug, you watched a unicorn chase a coyote? Are you drinking in th blind?
        ��

Comment

I've never seen one on stand but would love to. It'd make a great mount.

Comment

Years ago, when we used to hunt down south. We had two places, where we found badgers. One lived not far from camp. When we would drive by, if he was in the road, he would stand up and growl at us or the truck. He would not move. That one was a light brown and white.

The other place we had badgers, I did not know we had badgers. One day I was hunting on one of my tripods. Watching a ranch road, that was mostly over grown. There were some doe feeding about 100 yards a way, the a lone javelina about 70 yards from me. At one point a doe walking down the road, stopped and started down at something on the edge of the road and was very concerned about it. She slowly got past, but went all the way to the other side of the road to go around whatever it was. Then when she got past, she went back to acting normal. Then the javelina came feeding through the same area of the road. I noticed something fairly large, in the road behind the javelina, looked like a clump of grass or something in the road. I noticed it kept getting closer to the javelina. I put a scope on it and realized it was a large badger. That thing stalked the javelina for a while. The javelina finally realized what was going on and got the hell out of there.

Comment

One of the first times I sat in a blind by myself we were hunting in Starr county. I was sitting there and all of a sudden I hear growling and snapping of teeth getting closer and close. I sat up in the chair and looked over the edge of the window and there is a badger surrounded by totes. Every time a yote got close the badger would scare it off. That thing was fast there was no way a tote was going to get him. They moved off into the brush that way.

Comment

badgers

When I was a kid my dad let a co-workers husband come out to shoot dove. He was an older fellow always wore a straw cowboy hat. It was a hot day and he set his hat down under a bush. Heard some noise and looked back to see a badger tearing his hat to pieces.

Comment

I’d have had a hard time just letting the badger walk. Always wanted one over my fireplace!

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    Doug, you watched a unicorn chase a coyote? Are you drinking in th blind?
                    ��
                    Nope, stone cold sober and witnessed him work that coyote. I wanted to let him in the pen so I could get a shot at him, but that spike would not let him in! Awesome, sure wish I had a video!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
                      I’d have had a hard time just letting the badger walk. Always wanted one over my fireplace!
                      I shot one 2 weeks ago, but he stunk worse than most skunks! Am willing to wait until December for better fur according to my taxi. Hopefully they stick around until then, but I have 2 at 2 different feeders.

Comment

Originally posted by demtx View Post
                        When I was a kid my dad let a co-workers husband come out to shoot dove. He was an older fellow always wore a straw cowboy hat. It was a hot day and he set his hat down under a bush. Heard some noise and looked back to see a badger tearing his hat to pieces.
                        That's funny!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've only ever seen one badger in the wild and I figured it would be the only one I ever saw. I never shot him. Saw him multiple times, but just could not bring myself to kill the only badger I may ever see. Very cool looking animal. I just wish I could have gotten some pictures of him.

Comment

Saw a bunch of them, the only one I shot took 5 .45lc rounds before he quit, haven't had the money to shoot one again lol

Comment

Working...
                            X