No announcement yet.

Who's still in the hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got two big hunting trips starting next week and the week after. Once those are over, then I'll probably start winding down.

Comment

I've taken a shooter in Texas and one doe in Oklahoma. Still waiting on a shooter iin Oklahoma and a spike in Texas. May have to tag another doe in Oklahoma before the season ends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Still at it here and plenty of time left to get it done. BUT the dang ducks keep trying to work their way into my hunting schedule.

Comment

I'm still at it....I've passed so many deer this year just waiting for a mature one....I don't kill too many deer but those that I do have a few gray hairs!!

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
            Still at it here and plenty of time left to get it done. BUT the dang ducks keep trying to work their way into my hunting schedule.
            Man you got to get your priorities straight.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckslayertx View Post
              Man you got to get your priorities straight.
              Haha it's really hard when you're sitting in a tree 20 foot up right in the middle of a mallard fly zone. It was almost 3-4 sits in a row I had dozens of mallards zipping by me in the tree. I finally had to do something about it.

Comment

I punched my tag in Nebraska but have had little time here in Texas. Starting next weekend I plan to put some time in the stand. Im not even sure what deer are still around or on camera its been so long. Here is a couple bucks I hope are still around and I get a better look at.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                  Haha it's really hard when you're sitting in a tree 20 foot up right in the middle of a mallard fly zone. It was almost 3-4 sits in a row I had dozens of mallards zipping by me in the tree. I finally had to do something about it.
                  You have buckshot broadheads? haha. PM'd you.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckslayertx View Post
                    You have buckshot broadheads? haha. PM'd you.
                    Don't give away my secrets!

PM back at ya!

Comment

Im done,
                      For Grimes County at least. Punched my two doe tags, one non forked horn, and my >13" buck before Thanksgiving.

Now my wife is after a great deer. Saw him this morning but couldn't get a shot on him. We are pretty sure he is the buck i hit first week of November but couldn't recover.
                      Not bad for 400 acres. We haven't seen this many bucks in years on our place and more show up each passing week.

Comment

I have had only 4 sits so far - no arrow released. I am leaving for the lease this afternoon and will hunt through Sunday evening and will stay after it every weekend until Christmas. We have only had two really nice shooter bucks on camera - one now has a busted rack, the other was killed by a guy across the road. Another good one may show up I suppose, but at this point I just want to score some venison - first mature doe gets an arrow.

Comment

still summer in south Texas.. hunting season just getting started

Comment

I had this deer come in this morning but I never saw him. I did hear him jump out of the feed pen. Hopefully he will be around this evening.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X