Question for the "Pop up Blind" hunters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shane View Post
    You need to get some flat black spray paint and paint the window flaps that you plan to have open when you're hunting. If you keep the camo flaps closed all the time when you're not there and then you open a window or two when you show up to hunt, then the deer will spook at the new black holes that suddenly showed up.
    Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
    I have sheets of plywood cut to a little smaller than the footprint of the blind in all mine and like it. I sit in those contoured plastic chairs with homemade foam seats for comfort And the plywood keeps the feet from digging into the ground and makes it instantly visible when shine a light when you get in in the dark if something is in there with you.
    Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
    Dig a shallow trench where the perimeter edge of the blind will sit. Set the blind in it then fill back in with the dirt from both sides. Seals it off, keeps the snakes out and helps with scent also.
    This is all really good advice! I've been hunting out of popups for a few years now, and have not done any of this.

Comment

Originally posted by SolocamShooter View Post
      Dig a shallow trench where the perimeter edge of the blind will sit. Set the blind in it then fill back in with the dirt from both sides. Seals it off, keeps the snakes out and helps with scent also.
      I've set them up and then got in with a shovel and just moved the top couple inches of dirt off the ground. I piled it up around the edges. It gives of a nice natural odor and seals the edges of the blind nicely.

Comment

You might invest in a sight light also... if your blind is dark your pins will have a tough time gathering light. The ones that screw into the sight housing work great.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
          How do ya'll keep snakes out of them?
          I don't, they're welcome in my blind.

Comment

I open my shooting window completely and crack the side window on my right so I can see em coming in. I brush in real heavy and I'm under a tree. Direct sunlight never hits my blind

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
              I don't, they're welcome in my blind.
              I'll send all mine your way lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigJimmyRustler View Post
                I'll send all mine your way lol
                Bring em....ain't skeered.

Comment

First shot thru mesh this morning skipped a foot over her back at 12 yards. Last time I do that.

Comment

Originally posted by reddogdan View Post
                    First shot thru mesh this morning skipped a foot over her back at 12 yards. Last time I do that.
                    Fixed broad head or mechanical? You can't shoot mechanical through mesh.

Comment

As few as possible.

Comment

One window in the direction Im shooting

Comment

One small window in the shooting direction.

Comment

A little as possible. I keep mesh covering upper half and just leave enough room to slip an arrow out of 2 windows in my current set up. Make it as dark as possible inside. I also put a rug down on the ground inside mine. Keeps it quite and my gear clean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’m shooting simmons sharks fixed blades. Only thing I can figure is the vanes hitting the slit in the mesh.

Comment

I only open the shooting window.

I build a wood platform 1' off the ground and then used 1x1 boards and nailed down the flaps of my blind around the outside to the platform. Also helps make sure the blind doesn't blow away.

Comment

Working...
                                X