260 remington

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

260 remington

Looking for someone or place to load some 143 eld-x for me. Short on time do to work schedule. Been shooting 142 smk and couldn't ask for anything better. Ordered 130 berger from hsm and shoot very well. Shot .675 at 100. I'm happy with that but average day it shoots 142 smk .300 or less. Barrel is 1-8 and is drastic difference as you go down in bullet weight. Really liking accuracy with heavy bullets and from what I been reading 143 eld x has done well with creedmoor. Trying to get a good heavy bullet combo for hunting. This is my wife's rig. Auodad and mule deer hunts Are heavy on the list. She has killed a couple whitetail already with 130 berger and it hammered the hell out of them.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Copper creek

Comment

Thank you sir!

Comment

I love my 260. That 130 gr Berger will still do the trick on any of those animals. The 260 is a vicious beast, despite its nominal size. The Amax and ELDs come apart fairly rapidly and I don't know that I'd shoot them at aoudad in the even it doesn't pass thru. I'd stick with what you're shooting, Boss.

Comment

Thanks the deer she has shot with berger has been exactly what they claimed. She shoulder shot some and neck shot a couple and nothing took a step. Massive damage. Not taking anything away from bergers but didn't know if there would be any major performance difference in 13 grains

Comment

Not sure on location but Dallas custom reloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by str8ght View Post
              Thanks the deer she has shot with berger has been exactly what they claimed. She shoulder shot some and neck shot a couple and nothing took a step. Massive damage. Not taking anything away from bergers but didn't know if there would be any major performance difference in 13 grains

I am a nut about terminal ballistics and like you, I have seen horrific trauma caused my the 260. Now, I am shooting a 120 gr Sierra Pro Hunter but even the entry wounds are nothing like I have seen even from my 300 RUM. Absolutely devastating. Here's one thing I know--if you shoot any N. American animal in the base of the neck with a 130 gr Berger from a 260 Rem, they will be dead before they hit the dirt. Stick with what you've got until it doesn't work. I think you'll be impressed.

Comment

Yes sir it's bad! Berger has got something figured out for sure. I really have no reason to second guess it at all but don't want to leave anything on the table. If momma made a good shot and I cut her short on bullet selection I'd definitely be mad at myself. Got some good guns sitting in the safe since 260 showed up. Ive been a die hard 25-06 fan since I was a kid and have killed 90% of deer with that round and in my opinion it's nothing short of outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Take em View Post
                  Not sure on location but Dallas custom reloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thanks I'll look them up!

Comment

Comment

I have some sst on laupua brass that don't shoot worth a crap in my 260. It shot coreloc great. I see now that mid way has several loads available. If anyone shoots the sst and wants a good deal pm me.

Comment

I've shot 120 fusion and wasnt really bad at all but if you were shooting paper you would have some "flyers" here and there. Shot some 130 hornady and was very consistent. But no comparison to 130 bergers. I don't reload so I'm speaking factory loads. 142 sierra is literally same hole accuracy. I know all these guns are slightly different. I've got a pair of remington sendero in 25-06 and one loves cheap ol core lokts the other shoots hornady whitetail very well. Seems like the better ammo you put in them the worse they shoot. Only gun I've got that shot sst worth a darn was 7mm08. But went to bergers with it and same results as 260

Comment

Working...
                        X