No announcement yet.

Where are the acorns???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not seeing acorns or pecans on my trees. My pecans produced in 2015 so they should again this year.

Comment

too early. I have pecans dropping from mine

Comment

Let's slow down on this. I like walking across my yard barefoot. You can come rake my yard for all the acorns you want!

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
          too early. I have pecans dropping from mine
          I don't even see any forming. What do you mean by too early?

Comment

Here in Houston co, there are about as many as i have ever seen. Im wishing for a year of less acorns.

Comment

Didn't spot any on my last scouting trip but they are all over our neighborhood.

Comment

Haven't noticed any around Huntsville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw a bunch in San Antonio last weekend

Comment

We are covered in acorns. Still immature but another bumper this year. Many oaks only produce every other year. You may not get any this year and that is a good thing in my book. Acorns do not help the hunting in my neck of the woods. We are in the Post Oak savannah. Acorns fall and the deer are deep deep deep in the woods.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                      We are covered in acorns. Still immature but another bumper this year. Many oaks only produce every other year. You may not get any this year and that is a good thing in my book. Acorns do not help the hunting in my neck of the woods. We are in the Post Oak savannah. Acorns fall and the deer are deep deep deep in the woods.
                      Yep. Might as well turn the feeder off when they start dropping.

Comment

Its August, just wait grasshopper.

Comment

My Live Oaks have acorns. My Red Oaks are starting to drop their acorns already.

Comment

they are smaller than in years past , but the live oaks have started dropping already in the hill country

Comment

Originally posted by wtb90 View Post
                              Yep. Might as well turn the feeder off when they start dropping.
                              Then I get the advice of "just go hunt the oaks then" and I have to ask which of the 7 Billion oak trees around my place will the deer be at exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                                Then I get the advice of "just go hunt the oaks then" and I have to ask which of the 7 Billion oak trees around my place will the deer be at exactly?
                                Haha! Yup, I've heard that too. Can't step 2 ft in any direction without crunching them on our place. East TX logic is my best guess.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X