Comment

Continued prayers.

Comment

more kneemails sent ^^^

Comment

Praying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up! Those NICU pic teams are incredible. I know they’ll get it tomorrow. Specifically praying for that.

Comment

Continued prayers up for Mr Emmett and you and yout wife and all drs and nurses. Keep positive thoughts and lean forward all the way. God is workin his miracles.

Comment

More prayers for you guys. Been checking this thread every morning when I get to work knowing im going to read some more good news about Emmett. Can tell from your posts that he is a fighter.

Comment

just now seeing this. Prayers sent!

Comment

Sorry guys, just realized I didn't get my day 6 update on here. Thank you all for your continued thoughts and prayers.

Day 6 update. So much to be thankful for, yet much to be concerned over. The ups and downs can sure be taxing on concerned parents. In terms of good news, God once more heard our prayers for the PICC line. He handled it in a way that gave Krystal and I the most comfort possible. They performed another xray on Emmett this morning, and determined the tip of the PICC actually barely reached a point where they felt comfortable enough leaving the one he had in. Thank God they didn't have to stick our little guy again. During rounds this morning, the Dr. told us that his blood counts dropped a little, and that they did another brain ultrasound just to make sure that his brain was not the cause of this. You all know how we feel about these, and our anxiety skyrocketed. Thankfully, they were able to get the results to us quick and quell our concerns. All clear! On the flip side, Emmett was starting to look a little pale. The Dr. decided to start him on an antibiotic regiment to smash any chance of an infection starting in him. Now that we are hopefully past the brain bleeds, infection is now our top long term concern. We are praying hard that there are no infections, and that it stays this way. His bilirubin numbers did go back up on us, so they had to start phototherapy on him again. We were really looking forward to having that bright light off of him. Lastly, equally concerning as infections and potentially correlated are Emmett's blood pressure and pulse. They both dropped on us today after several days of holding great. Regrettably, they had to increase his dopamine back up to 10. We were just able to chat with doctors as they were making night rounds, and they both assured us not to be concerned, that babies of his size can experience these dips in pressure and pulse. We'll trust in that, but it won't help our worrying.

Today was the first day we had to leave Emmett for a short period. We got some important paperwork done, then stopped at the house to resupply for the week. Thankfully for us, grandma (Vonnie) answered the call for her first babysitting duty, and stayed with our guy till we were able to rush back. We also got to see our dog Boone, who was over the moon excited to see us. I miss my pup.

There was something else that happened today that brought Krystal and I to tears. A very close friend of ours informed us that she did something for us. Knowing that we would only ask for prayers and nothing more, she did the ground work to help raise some funds for little Emmett. We sound like a broken record here, and we're ok with that; we are truly blessed beyond imaginable to have such amazing friends and family. You all make a difficult situation just a little more bearable with your generosity, love, and prayers. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Please know though, a prayer sent up for our Emmett is the single best thing we could ever ask for.

We're going to trust in the Lord, and see how our little guy does tomorrow. We need another good day to keep my beautiful wife from shedding so many tears. Hopefully we're able to get some more pictures of Emmett when they turn the light off of him to share.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

And for day 7.

Day 7 update. It's been a long week, but come Friday afternoon our little Emmett will be one week old! This is certainly a milestone to celebrate. Our prayer warriors have carried us to this point, and we'll be relying on you all to get us through another week. The day started with morning rounds with the team. Emmett's blood pressure continued to give us issues throughout the night, so the Dr. decided to give him another blood transfusion to see how that would help. After the 3 hour transfusion, both his pulse and blood pressure climbed to the highest they've been! We were elated. So far his blood cultures have not shown any infection, which gave his parents a big sigh of relief. Bilirubin numbers came back down to normal, so it was out with the light again. However, as the evening progressed, Emmett decided he wasn't going to let us off the hook that easy. His vitals monitor started the all too familiar alarm for blood pressure again. The Dr. on shift decided to give him a saline bolus to see how he did with that. Currently it's up a little and out of alarm range. We'll be focusing our prayers on getting those BP numbers back up.

The night got away from me, so my update will be a little short tonight. We do want to thank so many people who helped out today with Emmett's cause. From food to visits to prayers and to donations, it was a very humbling day. Thank you all, and please keep our little guy in your prayers.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Prayers sent for you, your Sweetie and Emmett.

Comment

I Believe - Y'all are going to be great!

Comment

Working...
                                X