Couple of Old Photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Couple of Old Photos

I was going through some old pics and found some old trad pictures. The guy with the long bow is my Dad. The bow was about 40# and those are micro-flight arrows and Hilbre broadheads. I think this was his first bow kill. The second picture is my first bow kill. I was 13 years old and used my Dad's Browning Cobra II 54# @ 28 with alum arrows and Black Diamond Eskimos. [ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	SCAN0029 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24975470[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files

Cool pictures of precious memories. I'm guessing mid to late sixties from the car?

Comment

cool pics

Comment

This is how addictions are started

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
          Cool pictures of precious memories. I'm guessing mid to late sixties from the car?
          Yes it was sometime in the 60's, he went on to kill some more deer with a recurve. I borrowed his bow to kill my first in 1977. Notice the kwikee kwiver with exposed broadheads. I'm pretty sure my dad didn't have a quiver for the longbow, but just carried his arrows in his hand.

Comment

That's a great pair of photos and I imagine would look good framed on a desk or on a wall. Good family memories there.

Comment

Cool pics. I used to have one of those Kwikee Quivers with the exposed broadheads on my Kodiak Magnum.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                Cool pics. I used to have one of those Kwikee Quivers with the exposed broadheads on my Kodiak Magnum.
                Yea times have changed a lot. Also on that hunt, I was hunting out of a tree stand made with 2x4 steps and a 2x10 for a seat. Oh and no safety belts in those days.

Comment

Cool pictures. Brings back lots of memories for me of 60s and 70's look.

Comment

Very cool!!

Comment

Those are great pics, I am adamant about taking pics when hunting cause I really enjoy looking through old pictures.

Comment

Great memories. Wish my dad had gotten me into bowhunting. I started my son Zach years ago and am working with 2 of my grandsons now.

Comment

Cool pics and great memories.

Billy

Comment

Big thumbs up!!!!

Comment

Cool pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X