Water Guzzlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water Guzzlers

I am thinking about putting two of them on my property and was wondering if anyone has or does use them and what is your opinion of them? Thanks as dry as it’s been I think I need to put at least two on a 100 acres. What’s your thought?

I have one that gets used a lot. I have to clean it due to pigs laying in it. I need to build a pen around it

Comment

Great idea. Got a link the type you are considering. ?

Comment

It is the Roto guzzler.

Comment

What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is a "water guzzler"?

Comment

Hard to believe I had it almost 60 years and never heard of these.

Comment

Here is the one I’m looking at

I like the design of this one it seems like it will work better.
              Attached Files

Comment

Anyone use one or make your own? Let’s see what y’all have

Comment

Tagged for DIY ideas

Comment

275 Gallon Water tote with rain gutters off of blind to keep full. Piped to a TSC float controlled horse waterer.

Comment

I’ve got one of the rotoguzz systems, didn’t bury it and haven’t had any pig problems yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I steered away from DIY because it's not enough water, too trouble, plus they algae bloom like crazy. With that said I 2nd the rotoguzz. I installed one on our Val Verde County property in December. As of Sunday it's still holding water and has not gone empty. I reached out to the manufacturer to see if they can design a larger one. Maybe somewhere in the 1000 gallon capacity? Should anything new develop I will keep everyone posted.
                        Last edited by ThePecosBilly; 09-03-2019, 11:25 AM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                          I’ve got one of the rotoguzz systems, didn’t bury it and haven’t had any pig problems yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
                          I steered away from DIY because it's not enough water, too trouble, plus they algae bloom like crazy. With that said I 2nd the rotoguzz. I installed one on our Val Verde County property in December. As of Sunday it's still holding water and has not gone empty. I reached out to the manufacturer to see if they can design a larger one. Maybe somewhere in the 1000 gallon capacity? Should anything new develop I will keep everyone posted.

Did y’all fill these initially or set them down empty and let the rain slowly fill them?

Comment

I have a water trailer I use for hauling in my camp water, so I filled mine up initially. I can tell you the day I picked mine up in Kerrville, I drove through mist for 2 hours to Loma Alta. I had to empty it just to get it off the trailer. Then when I went to set it a couple of foggy/hazy days later I had to empty it again haha. Its pretty impressive how much water it will collect so if you don't have the ability to fill initially there is a good chance you can get water in it soon going off mother nature.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePecosBilly View Post
                              I have a water trailer I use for hauling in my camp water, so I filled mine up initially. I can tell you the day I picked mine up in Kerrville, I drove through mist for 2 hours to Loma Alta. I had to empty it just to get it off the trailer. Then when I went to set it a couple of foggy/hazy days later I had to empty it again haha. Its pretty impressive how much water it will collect so if you don't have the ability to fill initially there is a good chance you can get water in it soon going off mother nature.
                              Does it have a drain if you need to empty it when full?

Comment

Working...
                              X