My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Buttermilk Biscuits with Venison Sausage Gravy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Buttermilk Biscuits with Venison Sausage Gravy

In case you need a buttery, flaky, and fluffy biscuit recipe to go with some venison sausage gravy here you go. These biscuits can also be pre-shaped and frozen if you have an oven at your deer lease and want to bake some fresh biscuits at the deer lease. It's a very, very detailed post with every possible how-to that I could think of for the perfect biscuit. Enjoy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	56 Buttermilk Biscuits with Venison Sausage Gravy (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	25073169

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7762 (640x427).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	25073170

Here's the recipe: http://www.mywildkitchen.com/butterm...sausage-gravy/.

Thank you for reading!

Going to have to get out of this wind and come eat some of these shortly. Get to cookin' hun!

Comment

If I ever have to make a last meal request...this, along with chicken fried backstrap, would be it.

Comment

Tagging this one. We just bought a Camp Chef camping oven.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
          Tagging this one. We just bought a Camp Chef camping oven.
          I really want to try them in a Dutch oven. I need to research that. Oh, and get a Dutch oven...

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
            Oh, and get a Dutch oven...
            Ha ha ha! I have a couple of camp dutch ovens that I bought when our son got into scouting. I've cooked a few things in them. I think they are awesome for making breads. In fact my favorite camp thing to make was chocolate chip cornbread. But you have to be committed to either making a fire or bringing charcoal and when the weather turns wet, it messes stuff up. So, we bought a propane camping oven. My wife is happy = I am happy.

There is one dutch oven that I got that I really like to use. It is a combo cooker so we can use it on the stove top for cooking other things.

In hindsight, I wish I had actually gotten this one though because the long handles make it harder to pack

And of course the nice thing with these is that you can put them in the oven and get the same effect of outdoor cooking indoors!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              Ha ha ha! I have a couple of camp dutch ovens that I bought when our son got into scouting. I've cooked a few things in them. I think they are awesome for making breads. In fact my favorite camp thing to make was chocolate chip cornbread. But you have to be committed to either making a fire or bringing charcoal and when the weather turns wet, it messes stuff up. So, we bought a propane camping oven. My wife is happy = I am happy.

There is one dutch oven that I got that I really like to use. It is a combo cooker so we can use it on the stove top for cooking other things.

In hindsight, I wish I had actually gotten this one though because the long handles make it harder to pack

And of course the nice thing with these is that you can put them in the oven and get the same effect of outdoor cooking indoors!
              I wonder if it's too late to add this to my Christmas list...

Comment

looks great

Comment

Originally posted by Coachs Wife View Post
                  I wonder if it's too late to add this to my Christmas list...
                  We've got a little Dutch oven now. We just need to knock the rust off

Comment

Working...
                  X