Creamed corn BETTER than Rudys...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creamed corn BETTER than Rudys...

OK, I've been working on/tweaking this recipe and tried it out last week with my buddies and again with family and some friends and the vote is unanimous...everyone says it's the best they ever had...

It starts with:

8 oz heavy whipping cream
    8 oz milk (2% is OK if you don't have whole milk)

start heating in a large saucepan

add 6 heaping tablespoons brown sugar
    a couple dashes of salt
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne (more if you like a little after bite)

add 40 ounces of frozen corn right out of the freezer...add it a couple of handfuls at a time and stir it in so it doesn't "freeze" the liquid mixture...

bring to a boil and cut it back to a low simmer. As with any time you are doing a milk base you need to stir frequently.

After you bring it to a boil add 4 ounces of cream cheese (cubed so it melts faster)

While it's simmering melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a small bowl in the microwave and then stir in 3 tablespoons of flour...this is your final thickener..

stir that butter/flour mixture into the corn slowly as it simmers...simmer 5 minutes and it's done...It would probably make 8-10 servings if it wasn't so good...

I served it to myself and 4 women the other night and everyone went back for seconds and thirds till the bowl was scraped clean.
    Last edited by cosmiccowboy; 05-30-2009, 09:56 AM.

I've always wanted to make my own creamed corn. I'll definitely give this a try.

Comment

To even get better, if possible, Try the home grown corn. I use a store bought corn cutter. I don't use milk, just the natural milk from scraping the cobb

Comment

That sounds awesome.

Comment

can you leave the cream cheese out? i hate that stuff, or can you even taste it? gonna try to make this tonight

Comment

Originally posted by k9trainer View Post
            can you leave the cream cheese out? i hate that stuff, or can you even taste it? gonna try to make this tonight
            Yes...use a little more butter/flour at the end....

Comment

That sounds really good ! Thanks for the recipe....

Comment

made it tonight with chicken fried venison steaks and I gotta say it was awesome. I didn't change a thing with the recipe. Thanks!

Comment

AWESOME, had it to night with a chicken recipe I'm about to post.

Comment

Had it last night with some blackened fish. I added 8oz of cream cheese instead of 4. This has got to be the best creamed corn on the planet.

Comment

Working...
                    X