Raccoon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raccoon?

I trapped a rather large 'coon this morning out at the chicken coop and since we know there is more than one in the area I'm probably going to end up with a couple in the freezer.

Anyone have a good recipe for raccoon?

Richard

Sure do.

Dig hole, toss in, cover so even the poor birds don't have to eat it...

Comment

No way in heck

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post
        Sure do.

Dig hole, toss in, cover so even the poor birds don't have to eat it...
        LOL!!!! Same thing my wife said.

Comment

Greeeeeeeasy...

Comment

Old black man I knew roasted them. With onions, carrots and potatoes.
            Not sure on time and temp.

Comment

Nope!!!

Comment

A lot of them on Google

Comment

There to many other animals to eat for me to even think about that.

Comment

Boil it first to help remove some of the fat and grease. Then bake it on 400 for a lil while with sweet potatoes, carrots or whatever you like. My grandparents would do that all the time. And I know plenty of people in Houston that will but a dang coon for 25 bucks so they eat me.

Comment

Once , never again
                      Greasy, tough and nasty. We cooked low and slow for hours in a black iron pot with onions , peppers , garlic and seasonings. None of it helped. Buzzard food.

Comment

Wrap in foil and throw on smoker. Cover it with sweet tators, garlic cloves, onions, and throw some cabbage leaves all over the top of that. It's good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by JMoore85 View Post
                          A lot of them on Google
                          Yeah, didn't see anything I liked.

Comment

I served 5 coons at my sisters wedding that she had me cater. I boiled them first then smoked, pulled the meat off the bones and served it. Told everyone it was pulled pork, It was the first meat gone and no one was any wiser until I told them what it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Specktackulure View Post
                              I served 5 coons at my sisters wedding that she had me cater. I boiled them first then smoked, pulled the meat off the bones and served it. Told everyone it was pulled pork, It was the first meat gone and no one was any wiser until I told them what it was.
                              Hmmmm. This gives me a reason to finish the smoke house. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X