No announcement yet.

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What devices do y'all use to check your Keton levels?

Comment

Just beside myself regarding this plateau. My macros have been good, calories are not too high, laid off any alcohol for several days and yet the scale will not move. 229.1 for the last 4 mornings. Yesterday to try and break it I did 17 or 18 hours IF and then only had 2 fried eggs and 4 strips uncured bacon for dinner. Not sure what it's gonna take to start dropping again.

The only thing I can think of is that I did a pretty intense TRX workout followed by a fast 3000 meter row on Monday night and my entire body is sore. I'd think I'm holding water yet my wedding ring is just about to fall off?

Comment

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
        I've never checked mine. Down 80lbs in the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
          Wow! Congrats.

I use the cheap pee sticks which I know are the least accurate but for me they have been a good indicator. I only check when I'm stalled on the scale though to make sure I'm really back in ketosis.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Just beside myself regarding this plateau. My macros have been good, calories are not too high, laid off any alcohol for several days and yet the scale will not move. 229.1 for the last 4 mornings. Yesterday to try and break it I did 17 or 18 hours IF and then only had 2 fried eggs and 4 strips uncured bacon for dinner. Not sure what it's gonna take to start dropping again.

The only thing I can think of is that I did a pretty intense TRX workout followed by a fast 3000 meter row on Monday night and my entire body is sore. I'd think I'm holding water yet my wedding ring is just about to fall off?
            I did that last week as well. Some say you usually have a pause 2-6 wks in to it for your body to 100% adjust to fat as fuel. Keep at it. You might also have to up your calories to keep the loss going. Some folks keep the calories to low.

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            Congrats on the loss!

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
            Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
            Wow! Congrats.

I use the cheap pee sticks which I know are the least accurate but for me they have been a good indicator. I only check when I'm stalled on the scale though to make sure I'm really back in ketosis.
            Pee sticks as well. To cheap to buy a blood ketone meter.

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

I can dig some keto life:

Double/Double

keto pizza w/cauliflower crust

We eat good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just started this week and am having a hard time eating all the fat. Seem to be full all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                  I can dig some keto life:

Double/Double

keto pizza w/cauliflower crust

We eat good...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  Nice chow!

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                  I just started this week and am having a hard time eating all the fat. Seem to be full all the time.

What are your macro's? You might be taking in to much protein. Eat high fat foods like fish, red meat, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, bacon, avocado's and MCT oil if ya have to.

Comment

I think the protein may be hindering me. I've been at it for a couple weeks. 25-30 carbs a day and can't get any more than a moderate level on pee stick. Kind of frustrating to be honest.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                      Nice chow!

What are your macro's? You might be taking in to much protein. Eat high fat foods like fish, red meat, coconut oil, heavy whipping cream, bacon, avocado's and MCT oil if ya have to.
                      70% fat
                      25% protein
                      5% carbs

at this moment and still have dinner to go today.

Comment

Originally posted by lwelch70 View Post
                        I think the protein may be hindering me. I've been at it for a couple weeks. 25-30 carbs a day and can't get any more than a moderate level on pee stick. Kind of frustrating to be honest.

Is that total carbs or net carbs?

Originally posted by Hardware View Post
                        70% fat
                        25% protein
                        5% carbs

at this moment and still have dinner to go today.
                        That's my breakdown as well. One thing that helps me is to start the day off with a high fat meal or a keto coffee. Keto coffee is a great way to get a bunch of fats in and not have to worry about it for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                          Is that total carbs or net carbs?
                          Total. Just track with MyFitnessPal and it doesn't sub out the dietary.

Comment

I'm using MFP as well. I have a lot of custom foods with proper keto carb count. Tweak your input, that may help out. Do you take in a lot of protein at one meal? Some people believe in gluconeogenesis, I for one do not. I've taken in over 100 grams of protein in one meal and still remained in ketosis. What time of day are you checking your levels at? They should be higher in the am.

Comment

I use this app to log everything either on my phone or computer. I think it is more accurate then My Fitness Pal and it breaks everything out.

IOS- Carb Maanager

Comment

Originally posted by jwood02 View Post
                                I use this app to log everything either on my phone or computer. I think it is more accurate then My Fitness Pal and it breaks everything out.

IOS- Carb Maanager
                                That is the one i'm using.

Comment

Working...
                                X