6.2L Chevy OR 5.7 Tundra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huntr1117 View Post
    I guess I need to change my post to recommended premium then. I'm sure it will run on reg, but even dropping to 91 the truck gets worse mpgs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    I will have to try some 93 and see if my mileage gets even better. If it runs any stronger my tire bill is going up for sure.

Comment

I guess I need to change my post to recommended premium then. I'm sure it will run on reg, but even dropping to 91 the truck gets worse mpgs.

All gas engines get better fuel economy with higher octane fuels.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy D Mercer View Post
        1,000,000 mile Tundra.
        https://youtu.be/1HnokrriP_c
        There are lots of trucks out there with a million miles on them.

Comment

Hey Walker

Your avatar pic is spot on.
          The B.S. in any which truck do I buy thread is going to be in the red.

Comment

If it's anything like what they have done with the Raptor & ZL1, then quite the opposite amigo...I've talked to a couple of new Raptor owners & they report the same as what we got in the camaro.

The A10 has a computer that talks to the engine & seems to understand what it needs to do at the time it's needed. Meaning it finds the right gear in all situations / settings. I can tap the peddle to the floor as an example & the car says I want to play & it will find the most optimal gear & stay in the 4k RPM range for about 7 seconds if I want to say roll race. Raptor guys are giving the same examples but with a truck application, so I 'assume' when towing that this new smart tranny will understand to hold gears longer depending on acceleration & down shift properly with the load when idling or engine braking so to speak.

I cannot feel the trans shift it is so smooth when tooling around town...step on it & it's a whole other beast...not sure about the Ford or what will happen in the new trucks, but 9th & 10th are strictly overdrives in mine. Some brave fella got it up to 202mph on a track in Germany & wouldn't jump out of 8th.

Originally posted by Walker View Post
            Im curious about all these gears, 8 and soon 10. Wont they be surfing gears especially pulling trailors??

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
              I've got buddies with both and have spent some time riding in both and I'd go with the Tundra. Better looking IMO, more roomy with more power. I never payed attention to the fuel mileage because I wasn't having to buy it!

Oh, and it's not a dang bow tie. I'll go get in my Ford now.

The Tundra is outdated powertrain wise. The 6.2L will destroy it in the power department and the 5.3 will actually run fairly close with it.

While I may agree on the Tundra being better quality long term, I have no actual personal experience to back that up.

Looks are purely subjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BBReezen View Post
                I noticed this as well just playing around to see how much a 6.2 would be. Dang near could get into a diesel with the truck price and added costs of the premium fuel.
                I shopped around and paid about the same as a comparably equipped LTZ with the 5.3. I am not sure where you are looking but you cannot buy a 2500 4x4 crew cab Duramax equipped truck in the same ballpark. I put a good chunk of money down but I do not think that had a lot to do with negotiation.
                Last edited by -HIC-; 09-07-2017, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                  If it's anything like what they have done with the Raptor & ZL1, then quite the opposite amigo...I've talked to a couple of new Raptor owners & they report the same as what we got in the camaro.

The A10 has a computer that talks to the engine & seems to understand what it needs to do at the time it's needed. Meaning it finds the right gear in all situations / settings. I can tap the peddle to the floor as an example & the car says I want to play & it will find the most optimal gear & stay in the 4k RPM range for about 7 seconds if I want to say roll race. Raptor guys are giving the same examples but with a truck application, so I 'assume' when towing that this new smart tranny will understand to hold gears longer depending on acceleration & down shift properly with the load when idling or engine braking so to speak.

I cannot feel the trans shift it is so smooth when tooling around town...step on it & it's a whole other beast...not sure about the Ford or what will happen in the new trucks, but 9th & 10th are strictly overdrives in mine. Some brave fella got it up to 202mph on a track in Germany & wouldn't jump out of 8th.
                  I hate trading trucks before they are paid for; however, when the 6.2/A10 is on the lot and not demanding a premium my truck will be traded!

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                    I hate trading trucks before they are paid for; however, when the 6.2/A10 is on the lot and not demanding a premium my truck will be traded!
                    It's temping for me too. I'm not a fan of this 8 speed trans. 1st I may get mine tuned. The only problem is that I have to take out the tcm and send it in to get unlocked because gm has locked the software on 17s trans with the 8 speed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                      One thing about the 6.2 is that its an AFM motor. I will never own another one.
                      Which one pushed you that way? All of them will be that way in the future. If you are worried about it a tune will put the AFM to bed.

Comment

Agreed, if I don't buy a duramax first

Comment

It's temping for me too. I'm not a fan of this 8 speed trans. 1st I may get mine tuned. The only problem is that I have to take out the tcm and send it in to get unlocked because gm has locked the software on 17s trans with the 8 speed.

I dont mind the 8 with the exception of the downshift. I have heard that a recent flash will fix that problem. The issue for me is that I have rode in vehicle with the A10. If the truck version is close, I will take it!

Comment

Which one pushed you that way? All of them will be that way in the future. If you are worried about it a tune will put the AFM to bed.
                            The Tahoe I have now. Yes I had to buy a $200 device to turn off AFM. Shouldn't have to spend money on a tune to turn off a crappy design. I personally know 6 people who's motors gave out. And all the other countless ones on Chevy forums. The 6.0 is not AFM

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
                              The Tahoe I have now. Yes I had to buy a $200 device to turn off AFM. Shouldn't have to spend money on a tune to turn off a crappy design. I personally know 6 people who's motors gave out. And all the other countless ones on Chevy forums. The 6.0 is not AFM
                              Wrong - the 6.0 has had AFM since maybe 2007 or 08, are you thinking of the 4.8? The only non AFM 6.0 that I am aware of is the L96 in the 2500.
                              Last edited by -HIC-; 09-07-2017, 08:51 PM.

Comment

I have a company truck so getting one is silly.

My wife's Tahoe is paid for but this new RST makes me giddy...not gonna compete with the SRT Grand Cherokee but she's not a player for it anyway & this still makes me smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X