Rodents Chewing Wildlife Water Staion Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
    From the Water Tote to the Water site is @ 80 yards. The Wash-machine connections look good and Excuse me for asking what are/is Smart ... Besides the Dictionary definition .. Lol.

I'm not familiar with plumbing terms and no way can I dig a trench to put the lines under ground.. Nothing but Rock ! My place is located close to Rocksprings .. Lol

Check out the second post in your thread...and look at the screen name....

Good thing it wasn't a snake..

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      He is a little midget chubby dude that sits around in a thong & doles out info on here! He is a strange little minion!!! Watch out for him!!!
      LOL!!!
      J/K, he is Jason Smart. Goes by smart on here. Good Guy!

Wait wait...did you just call me little and a midget?

Comment

I use a braided metal water hose sitting on top of ground run through PVC pipe where cattle might step on it. So far so good

Comment

Deer will chew on them as well. I use stainless water hose.

Comment

Haven't had a problem with the thick 250psi HDPE. For longer distances steel is just not an option. I'd also call out sharkbite connectors, they cost a little more but they are excellent.

Comment

@ 80 yds the inner diameter of a water hose will not allow enough flow using hydrostatic pressure unless the tote id 8' off the ground. that's the reason for irrigation tubing

Comment

At that distance, and you can't dig to bury, you are going to just have to deal with the critters and plan and buying lots of repair couplings.

If you can sleeve another pipe of conduit over the existing water line, that will slow it down.

Is it possible to move the water tote closer to the water trough?

Comment

Smart .. You're Funny but that's what I get for reading while on a work Break.

I'm going to the Cabin during Labor Day to Stain & waterproof our newly installed Deck with roof .. Gotta Let that Ground Contact /Treated wood dry a little before any painting .. Now that I know about .. Lol

I'll look at Options but the elevation change from the Tote to the area is pushing enough water pressure to operate the water station. Might relocate and encase it inside of PVC or Flexible metal conduit .. I know some electricians ...

Comment

Working...
                  X