What do these paper tears mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
    Well, I think you're looking pretty good and need to go shoot some balloons in the FSC 17 before you NEED to start studying those Senior Living ads for real instead of shooting through them.

Comment

Lets try this again. I changed from split finger release to 3 under. Still drawing 29”ish.

The 175gr points with 75gr brass inserts were installed into Beman Centershot 400s. I paper tuned the nocking point up. Tears were horizontal and fletchings right...still chootin left handed. I cut last night to 30.5” without nock installed...nock installed puts me at 30 9/16- 30 3/4”ish.

Any glaring deficiencies? Cut a little more or not?

Arrow1
      Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Arrow2

What I thought was interesting was...Arrow 1 has fletching tear in middle of horizontal shaft tear. Arrow2 has fletching tears on either ends of horizontal shaft tears.

Comment

I cut. Im gonna cut again. Arrows 1,2,3...L-R. Actual shaft 30.5”...I miss measured. I dont like measuring with nocks installed.

Forgive me if Im like a goose in a new world. Im tuning touched... like a virgin... for the very first time.

Get’er done.

Comment

dang it a store wide Clearance! I'm outta here!

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
              I haven't tried paper with traditional much. Bare shaft then broadhead. If I can get them together then I'm happy. For now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
              This is SPOT ON!

Comment

Here are the steps to bare shaft tune. I would suggest for ideal tune on most bows to have a minimum final arrow cut with an inch and half in front of the face (back) of the bow. An arrow cut very short can have you pulling your hair out trying to tune, and too short for broadhead arrows.

Last edited by Dragonheart; 06-04-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonheart View Post
                  Here are the steps to bare shaft tune. I would suggest for ideal tune on most bows to have a minimum final arrow cut with an inch and half in front of the face (back) of the bow. An arrow cut very short can have you pulling your hair out trying to tune, and too short for broadhead arrows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSJ6-HjPMTM
                  Thank you for the guidance DragonHeart.

I had to go to three under because of finger pinch. These arrows ended up slightly too stiff with 175gr point and 75gr insert. I moved the 175/75 set to 400 spine and then married some 300gr points and 18gr aluminum inserts to the 340 shafts...they paper tune well and fly well.

Ive pulled alot of hair and scratched a bald spot on my noggin.

Comment

Working...
                  X