Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you lease, how long have you been on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 years and found it through a friend who is also on the lease.

Comment

Was on a lease for 4 years, got off for a couple of years, just agreed to get back on it next year. Spent one year on an awful lease, and 2 years without in between. It's my uncle's land, and he leases 250 acres next to it, basically just to keep other people off of it. If my dad and I help pay for the 250 we get to hunt it all.

Comment

9 years. Met the rancher on a company hunt on another ranch.
        Prior lease for 18 years we found thru a friend.

BP

Comment

20+ years. Found it in newspaper classifieds, met with manage and gave him money sight unseen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

28 years. We leased it as a quail lease and after a few years of quail hunting we asked and got to add deer to the list. Deer hunting was crappy back then but after just a few years of basic management we saw a difference. It is now flourishing with deer, turkey, pigs and quail. The landowner is getting old and I fear the day her son takes over! He is a crack head...literally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

13 yrs -close friend of my mom thru her church was married to lease manager, had an opening we met and it was a done deal. Lease Manager has leased from the same rancher for 29 years

Comment

17 years for me, started at 28 years old. have an absentee landowner so i put a double wide on the place and encouraged the landowners child and grandkids to get involved. after never visiting, they now enjoy the property with us as well and no longer charge us a lease payment on one of the two sections. we just make sure feeders are filled and blinds are ready for their one or two visits a year and allow their family to use accomodative double wide, ranch truck and polaris ranger when they are there.

good arrangement for all involved...

Comment

3 years this go around, 11 years on the place before that. I had a momentary lapse of judgement (or stupidly) and left for two seasons. Grass ain’t always greener on the other side!! Got on it with a buddy. Him and the landowner had a falling out but I’m “in charge” now and it works much better.

Comment

17 years

Comment

17 here too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

28 on the last one, 6 on the current one.

Comment

Found best lease I was ever on..On a International Paper flyer at gun show...Checked into it and got on..Was there 20y and only left due to health reasons...It was near Douglass,tx.
                          I heard most of it burned back in drouth...It was Called... Clear Lake Bow club

Comment

I hunt 4 different properties all owned by the same person and it's been 5 years. I lease one of them and then he lets me hunt the other 3 for free but him, his family and friends also hunt the ones I hunt for free.

Comment

My dad started hunting in the hill country back in 1949. He hunted for 68 years on only three different ranches. The longest was 35 years. Dad's age has kept him from going the last few years, but oh what great memories.
                              We've been on our current lease for seven years now, but in the search for another due to the landowner going a different direction with the property.

Comment

22 or 23 years, found in a classifieds ad in the newspaper...

Comment

Working...
                                X