No announcement yet.

New Year Workout Accountability 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently using Mesomorph. Next up, I'll be going back to Hyde.

Did cardio today and some abs. Yesterday was trap bar dead lifts. Still getting low back pump after each lift. No trouble or pain during lift.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
      What are you trying now and what were you using? I'm using a cocktail mix of Nitraflex and PeScience High Volume Nitric Oxide.
      I’ve jumped around

Legion
      LIT
      Bullknox
      C4

Legion has been the best so far just looking for that one that really melts my face off and gives a good pump lol

Now trying Nitro Surge and Evlution ENGN

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
        I’ve jumped around

Legion
        LIT
        Bullknox
        C4

Legion has been the best so far just looking for that one that really melts my face off and gives a good pump lol

Now trying Nitro Surge and Evlution ENGN
        Not sure if you've tried Hyde before. 419 mg caffeine. 300 mg of instant release and 119 mg of slow release to keep the juices flowing.

Comment

I've jumped around a lot as well over the years. Seems like after awhile the effects aren't as they were when I started, and it didn't seem to make any difference which product it was.

Melt your face off! Lol! Some of that stuff makes my ears itch like nobody's bidness and some of it makes me jittery and bouncing off the walls all day.

Comment

Two different circuits 5 exercises each. 4 times through both. About 25 minutes of cardio also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Chest and legs today....

Flat bench, seated incline leg press/calf raises, hanging leg raises, ab roller, incline dumbbell press, prone leg curls, seated fly, cable rotations, pushups...I'm gonna feel that one tomorrow!

Tomorrow will be back and arms.

Comment

Low weight high reps shoulders and arms today. Today's goal was to achieve a good pump and get blood flowing in and out of the muscles. Shoulders still acting wonky since the bench session earlier this week.

Comment

well crap...

Filleted my thumb open during qualifications with my Sig 226 on Thursday afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	finger.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	24518838

The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was NASTY! Especially when the ER doc came over and peeled it back to see if I had cut a tendon. Bled like nobody's bidness too! My pride was hurt more than anything I guess. I've shot thousands of rounds at work and competition without incident. And then BAM! I was supposed to shoot IDPA Saturday, that was out. The worst part was no workout for 5 days. The PA at the ER said I could do aerobics or something. I said, "you want ME to do WHAT? Aerobics are for girls! I lift things up and put them down!" He finally said, "I'm sorry I meant cardio." Dang straight there little scrawny dude! LOL!

Anyway, I went in today and did nothing but lower body. Incline seated leg press bilateral movement, calf raises, incline leg raises, leg extensions, walking lunges with barbell, hanging leg raises.

I can see a lot of ab work in my future this week.

Comment

Filleted my thumb open during qualifications with my Sig 226 on Thursday afternoon.

[ATTACH]882695[/ATTACH]

The picture doesn't do it justice, but it was NASTY! Especially when the ER doc came over and peeled it back to see if I had cut a tendon. Bled like nobody's bidness too! My pride was hurt more than anything I guess. I've shot thousands of rounds at work and competition without incident. And then BAM! I was supposed to shoot IDPA Saturday, that was out. The worst part was no workout for 5 days. The PA at the ER said I could do aerobics or something. I said, "you want ME to do WHAT? Aerobics are for girls! I lift things up and put them down!" He finally said, "I'm sorry I meant cardio." Dang straight there little scrawny dude! LOL!

Anyway, I went in today and did nothing but lower body. Incline seated leg press bilateral movement, calf raises, incline leg raises, leg extensions, walking lunges with barbell, hanging leg raises.

Tell that nonlifitng skinny kid to pound dirt. Lol, hope ya heal up faster and stronger than ever.

Hit it today after a weekend of over indulgence with wine and bourbon. Super set bb row/bb bench, 1 arm cable rows/Hammer Strength incline, Lat pull downs/Hammer Strength decline, close grip lat pull downs/bb overhead press and finished off with abs. Felt like crap, terrible conditioning. Wanted to do 5×8 but only did 3x8 on each set.

Comment

[ATTACH]882695[/ATTACH]

Man Ive seen a few of those. It happens quick and is never pretty. Waiting for something to heal up is the worst!

Chest and abs today. 1.5 hr workout in total. I can already tell Im going to be on a maintain plan through the end of the year. Just too much stuff getting put on the calendar. Oh well, Im happy with where Im at to end the year. New year will equal new goals!

Comment

Shoulders today and hopefully a 3-4 mile run
                        Legs yesterday 1 mile run
                        Chest & tris Saturday 4 mile run

Tomorrow is back and bi’s

Comment

One of those mornings were I didn't want to go but, I did anyway. Glad I got it done.

7×5 squats
                          5x15 leg press
                          4x12 leg curls super set 4x20 toe presses on the leg press machine

All under 1 hour. Including my warm up. Combined conditioning and weight lifting. Longest rest was 90 seconds during squats. All other rest between sets was 45-60 seconds.

Comment

Ok you experts talk to me about rest between sets. I generally stay in the 30 sec range. Should I be taking more rest between sets? I also usually take about 3 minutes off when moving from one lift exercise to the next.

Comment

Rtp...

Rest really depends on what you're trying to do. The weight, number of reps, intensity all play a part in the rest you should take between sets.

I generally do like you are doing. 30 seconds between sets and whatever the time it takes for me to change exercises. I do have one workout that I do that calls for 15-20 seconds between sets and no more than a minute between exercises. Its high intensity with a darn good burn.

I've seen other programs/workouts where its heavy weight, low reps and 2-3 minutes between sets.

Made it in again today, but still can't use my right hand very much due to the thumb injury. Deadlift/bilateral leg extension/incline leg raises, seated incline leg press/prone leg curl/hanging knee raise alternating with leg raise. My left hip is killing me. During walking lunge with barbell yesterday I cold make it all the way to the bottom and then my left leg acts like it wants to give away.

I stretch my hip out, foam roll, after every workout, but I;m starting to get concerned that I may be looking at a hip replacement one day.

Comment

Rest between sets depends on my sessions goal and exercise. When strength training it's heavy weight, no more than 5 reps, 2-3 min rest on upper body exercises and 5 min rest on squats and deadlift. For hypertrophy it's 1-2 min on upper body and no more than 3 min for lower body for the big lifts. Endurance/speed work up to 90 seconds on lower body lifts and 30-60 seconds for upper body lifts. When I super set, I try to keep the rest time no more than 2 min between sets but, that depends on my current state of cardiovascular conditioning.

Comment

Working...
                                X