No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting from the late of last Dec., there are few deer to visit my feeder. But, have more and more coons, rabbits.

Comment

Urrr. Got Mosquitos bothering me. Way different than last Sat.

Suns out. Can hear dog barking on adjacent property which I've never head before. Of course I have made that many hunts.

Mild temp and low humidity. Wish a deer would come out and get my blood going. Didn't see jack last time.

Comment

Good luck ill be there tomorrow morning

Comment

I'm out giving it one last try. At least the raccoons haven't emptied my feeder again...

Comment

Put 100lbs of corn out late this afternoon. Lots of deer around the park. Trying my first AM hunt. We'll see.....

Comment

I'm done. Was excited to have gotten a permit this year, but do to work projects I got maybe 7 hunts. My entire season was ruined.

Goodluck to y'all going in the AM.

Next weekend I've going to duck hunting and will spend time getting my gear ready. lol, all the Christmas lights are between me and my deeks. Time to move them into the attic.

Comment

No deer this morning, and it was COLD! Ducks galore; I've never heard mallards and widgeons so talkative. I'm not sure what the restrictions are for hunting them on Lake G, but the north side of lake was covered with them...

Comment

Anyone hunting tonight?

Comment

About to pack it in now. Got here at 3:30 and there were already 4 deer feeding on corn. Had no choice but to wait them out, nothing came in after I got to blind. Ducks are pouring in now.

Comment

I GOT ONE! First kill with a bow. Not the best shot but I didn't have to track her. Last day. I can't believe it. That was awesome!!

Comment

Hey congrats 821 that's how you get started.

Comment

Congratulations Meat!

Comment

I went out Sat morning a found out that somebody came and borrowed my Primos popup and chair. I guess the note they left with there contact info must have blown away. They did leave my 2 empty bottles of buck candy that were inside, but I'm a little to big to hide behind them.

I checked my daughter's feeder and it only had about 3-4lbs of corn left, so I guessed good on that. Can you tell I'm looking for a silver lining.

Comment

somebody borrowed my buddy' s sd card went after he realized hes pic was taken when he was borrowing corn from his feeder. we have one pic of the guy but cant see the face the good thing is that he left the blind. im guessing healready borrowed from "05 gray Ghost" lol.

sorry to hear that brother I hate people that do that stuff.
                              Where were you hunting?

Comment

Out of Tejas park about 4-500 yds. I guess it will be brush blinds for me if I get drawn again.

Comment

Working...
                                X