Officially Promoted!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Officially Promoted!!

Well today it was finally made official with our swearing in ceremony for the new officers of the department. I was actually promoted on October 18th where I spent a few tours filling in at other stations for absent officers until the moves were finally made and I was assigned Station 5 on B shift.

I began my career as a firefighter in 2004 when I became a volunteer at our small town fire department right out of high school. I quickly figured out that this was my calling. Obtained all my certs and began to work full time at that fire department, later moving on to the Victoria Fire Department in 2009 which was bigger and more structured than where I was coming from. I knew I wanted to move up through the ranks and become an officer, but at the time as Fire Medic, my passion was being a paramedic, and I wanted to be the best one I could be.

So I left the fire department in 2014 and began flying as a flight paramedic. It was fun and boy did I learn a lot and perfect some skills, but my heart just wasn't 100% into it and I still had a passion for the fire service.

So in 2016 I went back to VFD, made it through my probation period, got my fire officer I which was all I lacked for promotion, promoted back to fire medic, and went through the officer development for the department to be able to act LT. So when the position for LT opened up, I was on it. Studying every night, running through skills and interview questions, giving it everything I had. And when my moment came, my hard work paid off with me getting the #1 spot on the LT list.

So today I finally got the opportunity that I had waited 13 years for, to officially earn my title as Lieutenant, and I got to have my family by my side.

One of our firefighters who does leather work made a shield for my helmet as well, and he knocked it out of the park.

Now the fun begins.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Congrats man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations! The shield is awesome as well

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Huge congrats. I love to read stories like this. That leather work is fantastic.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congratulations! I use to work there.....I was an engineer. I left there in 99. Tell all them old guys I said hello.

Ken Sullivan

Comment

Congratulations!

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s awesome! Congrats

Comment

Congratulations! That’s awesome

Comment

I retire as a Lt from the Austin FD. Best job in the world for a guy who has to work for a living!

Congrats on your promotion!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Congratulations. That hard work brought dividends that will make the rest of your career all the more rewarding.

Comment

Congrats Aaron!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X