No announcement yet.

No Corning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots. I prefer it everywhere except invite hunts out west. Only because it’s not set up for my style. But would in a heart beat if my choice. I can hunt woods all day or long days and never think about what time it is. I just like it!

Comment

Originally posted by slayr View Post
      Hahaha! It’s me! My kiddos are the true slayers, I’m just the clean up guy and camp cook!

Hope y’all have been doing well!
      Well I'll be. Hope you and yours r doin well also!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

My BIL in Kansas makes fun of hunters using corn feeders, but sets his kids up on cut/hailed out corn fields, wheat fields, or alfalfa....he's a big advocate of free choice hunting, and will NEVER hunt under a feeder. Kudos on his ethics, but there's no difference in what they do versus hunting under a feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by tkuehn5410 View Post
          My BIL in Kansas makes fun of hunters using corn feeders, but sets his kids up on cut/hailed out corn fields, wheat fields, or alfalfa....he's a big advocate of free choice hunting, and will NEVER hunt under a feeder. Kudos on his ethics, but there's no difference in what they do versus hunting under a feeder.
          You mean you really can't see the difference in a huge corn field that deer could come into any where and a feeder that they will be right under you? Really?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            Do you not feed ?
            Soooooo answering a question with another question

Comment

I do not. I hunt weat Texas where all we have is mule deer(with the exception of the rare whitetail, almost not even mentioning) ita not worth it to corn or do anything else. We just hunt them in their natural habitat. It's fun as heck.

Comment

I often look for and hunt travel lanes to and fro bedding areas and water sources. But I will use any means that I can to out maneuver deer and hogs.

Comment

It depends on where you are hunting. Anyone that thinks there is a one sized fit all answer is not very bright. Here at the house in beautiful east Texas food plots are great.....down in the rock infested hill country you would just be wasting seed....at least at our place....People hunt different ways in different places because it is called for.

-john

Comment

I do both

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
                      Does anyone NOT feed and just hunt? Scout hot food sources and or bedding to hunt?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                      Yes, I only sit feeders about 50% of the time and have found it’s so much more fun and rewarding actually hunting than feeder guarding.

Comment

No Corning

Originally posted by slayr View Post
                        Can you believe it’s been almost 20 years since we all started giving each other hell over on the fuge?

Good grief... it is almost 20 **** years ago. Even longer if you count SouthernDuckHunter. That’s nuts! Time flies. Good times good times though.

Hope all is well with you and the family.

Comment

Do it every weekend. I don't mind a nice easy hunt on a feeder here and there, but prefer the cat and mouse games.

Last weekend of deer season down here. Will be paddling in 3/4's of mile this afternoon, wading across a bottom, and scouting for a spot to hang a stand. Nothing more relaxing to me than walking the woods scouting for sign.

Comment

No, I corn

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Everyone on the public land section.

I use about 4 bags a year. Little hand corn in an ideal spot.
                              Exactly what I do.

Comment

If ur gonna fish...might as well put bait on the hook

Comment

Working...
                                X