Old fridge smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
    I will tell you this. I set my hot plate on low. Once it gets hot, it will stay hot. I put an old skillet on mine to put the wood in.

Comment

^^^^^ same as db and fly ^^^^^^
      had one for years for fish when I lived on the Pacific.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Because cold smoking ensures that the first cook and freshest cook is right before you eat each link. Otherwise if you bring 100lbs or 400 lbs like we cold smoke, of sausage to temp, you'd be packaging and freezing 100-400 lbs of leftovers technically.. There's a a reason the Bohunks cold smoke their sausage unless they sell it commercially where they have to bring it to temp.

Great idea flywise. That'll be a nice smokehouse..
        Ahh that makes great sense! So are you monitoring the internal temps of the links or just smoking for x amount of time

Comment

[QUOTE=PlanoDano;15267617]^^^^^ same as db and fly ^^^^^^
          had one for years for fish when I lived on the Pacific.[/QUOT

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            I don’t think so. I did see a vid on YouTube that mentioned their fridge had porcelain inside and they were selling theirs.

I have a brinkman electric smoker. I plan to use the element on that to make smoke on this project. I believe it will keep the box about 225
            I used the element out of a Brinkman to convert my charcoal smoker to electric. Works like a champ.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
              I used the element out of a Brinkman to convert my charcoal smoker to electric. Works like a champ.

I have a box set aside as a cold smoke tool. Setting it a few feet away with stove pipe attached to the bottom on the fridge. But thinking for actually cooking ribs or anything else I’ll need the element inside the fridge.
              What do you think?

Comment

following this!

Comment

Like I said, small hot pate on low to cook ribs and brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by db@100 View Post
                    Like I said, small hot pate on low to cook ribs and brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post

I have a box set aside as a cold smoke tool. Setting it a few feet away with stove pipe attached to the bottom on the fridge. But thinking for actually cooking ribs or anything else I’ll need the element inside the fridge.
                      What do you think?
                      For actually cooking, it probably needs to be inside the fridge. The wattage on the Brinkman elements is kind of low. I just hard wired mine and plug it straight in to a wall outlet. No controller. It takes my rig to about 240 degrees and stays there.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                        For actually cooking, it probably needs to be inside the fridge. The wattage on the Brinkman elements is kind of low. I just hard wired mine and plug it straight in to a wall outlet. No controller. It takes my rig to about 240 degrees and stays there.
                        Appreciate it, thank you.

Comment

Tuned in for
                          This one as I been wanting to try to
                          Make a smoke house ( or fridge) to make
                          Dry sausage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With all the insulation in the ice box, it will hold heat very well. Until you get a feel for how hot it gets, be sure you keep an eye on it. Or use the controller as a thermostat.

Comment

Interesting

Comment

I've always wanted to put one of these on an old freezer to make a big pellet smoker/cooker.
                                We at Smoke Daddy Inc are always striving to improve on our Pellet Pro products and one of the largest complaints is the “floppiness” of the auger motor. Pellet Pro® Pellet Hopper Asseblies. All you need to mount this into your existing or custom pellet grill, is a rectangular hole 4-1/4" by 5-1/4".

Comment

Working...
                                X