Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
    Latest GFS model running and down right ugly.

Basically comes ashore, sits in same spot forever then drifts back south, gets over the gulf just offshore and starts creeping east up the coast.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    If it does do that they will be still be talking about it 150 years from now...

Comment

Our house (NW houston) is fairly high (one story) and my moms house is in meyerland and is also a one story (hasn't flooded, but all of their neighbors have).

What are yalls thoughts on convincing her and her husband to come up here?

Comment

Just made it to the safe haven. Now watch and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Do y'all really need to use technical terms? Frankie knows what's up...

Major Storm to Hit Houston Texas Starting on Saturday August 26, 2017 - YouTube

On a more serious note....I'll be working 12 hour shifts out of the Humble Substation for HCSO starting tomorrow night at 7pm. If someone needs something, let me know and I'll get you some resources.
          Frankie knows! Thanks for the offer to help Chew.. I'm sure there will be folks that need it!

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
            Our house (NW houston) is fairly high (one story) and my moms house is in meyerland and is also a one story (hasn't flooded, but all of their neighbors have).

What are yalls thoughts on convincing her and her husband to come up here?
            See the post above yours.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              Where on the river are you? We have a place south of Churchhill and that's the last place you'll find me this weekend!!
              We live between Wallis and east Bernard

Comment

Just had the first outer band come through here at chocolate Bayou, heavy rain and 40mph wind and I believe we're still nearly 300 miles from coc.

Comment

Just got the wife n kids on the road north from Victoria. You can see the lightning coming. First rain bands almost here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for everyone that is fixing to have to take this beast on with us! It's probably going to get a little sketchy in the next fe days but we'll pray and talk to god and leave it in his hands! Stay safe fellas and keep your families safe. God Bless!

Comment

Prayers to all TBH brothers and sisters and families impacted by this storm. Looks like it will hit Rockport today and then move along the coast up to Galveston by Wednesday. Makes me sick to my stomach to imagine the rainfall totals over the next few days. Stay safe and and God Bless.

Comment

5:00 AM CDT Fri Aug 25
                          Moving: NW at 10 mph
                          Min pressure: 958 mb
                          Max sustained: 105 mph

Last edited by systemnt; 08-25-2017, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Well.... if there is a brighter side to a hurricane.... maybe all the love bugs will drown...

Comment

Heading in to work. So far no traffic in Sugar Land.i have a feeling things will get sketch within the next 24-30 hours. Be safe

Comment

I am not liking how long this thing hangs around. Updated track is now a tropical storm on Wed still over Galveston/Houston.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X