Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's Try This Again: LIVE!!!

If you've been following along on the marathon live hunt that ended yesterday with a little more to be desired you know what o mean by this title. I shot a baby... It happens and he'll eat. So with that behind me, let's move forward to this morning.

I'm in my favorite tree in the world. I wish I knew how many bucks I've seen from this stand. The biggest deer I've ever gotten an arrow into was about 60 yards from where I'm at, but a hurricane got that tree several years ago. I moved to another one and lightning got it in 2012. There's a post oak growing up next to this tree providing some good cover.

With the trees taking a beating over the last several years, the understory is coming on STRONG. Mostly Oaks mixed with a handful of pines and youpon. It's thicker so I can't see as far as I used to be able to, but unless something drastic has changed in the last 4-5 years, they'll funnel in right in front of me. Wind is perfect and the neighbor's feeder just spun. This place has a tendency to start out slow and pick up as the day goes on. Outside of and hour of being rain soaked and miserable yesterday inhaler been in here in several years. They should be rested up! My target is anything 5 or older. I'll try not to screw this one up lol.

Good luck

Comment

Good luck to you. Sound like a nice set.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Im in! Followed the last thread also. Good luck

Comment

In for the ride

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

good luck buddy

Comment

Good luck rojo

Comment

Back in!

Comment

Good luck buddy!

Comment

Good luck!! I've already missed a decent buck this morning and my buddy just stuck one a little bit ago. We're gonna go look at 0900.

Comment

Pretty quiet here but it's getting to the time when things should pick up. This place has never liked to wake up early.

Comment

Slow this morning in DCNF seen 5 deer yesterday morning same area...good luck on new chase, finally got caught up seen the last one didn't end so pleasantly

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                              X