Brisket on the ceramic smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brisket on the ceramic smoker

Well with all this talk of people cooking on their ceramic smokers thought I would show you how I do it. First thing I do is rinse the brisket under cold water and pat dry then I rub down with oil and apply the seasoning. I normally use s&p but I was out of pepper so I found this in my pantry and it worked great will be using it from hear on out

While I let it set in the fridge for 2hours I prep my grill. I start with lump on the bottom I use the biggest pieces I can find (helps with air flow)then I put a layer of wood and repeat the process till I get to the top. I think I use about a 50/50 mix
    Since i find it hard to over smoke a brisket on a ceramic grill I put the meat on when I light the grill. I normally don't wrap but I got started late so today I used the tx crutch I use a map torch to get it going 30sec in the coals and it's good 200-225 until it passes the fork test. I also rotate the brisket a little over half way since with the primo the fire is on one side makes for a more even cook. If it's going to be several hours before we eat I charge the cooler by pouring hot water in it then wrap the brisket in 3 towels and good to go

I just smoked my first brisket on my Primo XL and it was way better than I had hoped for. It stalled at 170* for only 50 minutes so my overall cook time was less than I expected and was ready a little too early.

Comment

Working...
    X