FN 5.7 for Hogs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FN 5.7 for Hogs?

Curious...anyone shot a hog or any critter with this round? My TBH son "implanted" a suggestion I needed one of these pistoles'...lol, he wants it when I'm in the nursing home which AIN'T gonna' happen.

Now that I will be "officially retired" in a few weeks, looking for something perhaps I would have some fun with at the lease.

I've always wanted an AR5.7 upper. It will work in the ear hole for sure.
    I don't know about the FN pistol though.

Comment

Just curious if it would provide anymore "knock down" power than say the 10mm, 45, 40 S&W? I only carry "double stack" Glocks when walking to the stands. From all I've read, so far, it's much more faster but DRT is what I judge close encounters by.

Nah....really curious about the round and "terminal ballistics." I really don't ever even consider the "ear hole" shots...just put a lot of lead to the critter that want's to do me harm. The 20+ magazine capability got my attention.

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
        Just curious if it would provide anymore "knock down" power than say the 10mm, 45, 40 S&W? I only carry "double stack" Glocks when walking to the stands. From all I've read, so far, it's much more faster but DRT is what I judge close encounters by.

Nah....really curious about the round and "terminal ballistics." I really don't ever even consider the "ear hole" shots...just put a lot of lead to the critter that want's to do me harm. The 20+ magazine capability got my attention.
        It won't even come close to knockdown of a .45 much less a 10mm through a pistol.

Comment

It's basically a glorified 22 mag. You do get 22 mag rifle performance in a pistol but that still doesn't come close to the knock down power of most of the centerfire pistol cartridges. Really the only reason it came about was to have a pistol firing a armor piercing round which the civilian market can't aquire.

Comment

I've got a 5.7 pistol. Put down a few javalinas with it. Knocked them down with the first shot. Had plenty more rounds to finish them off. Lots of fun to shoot.

Comment

Not enough umph... don't ask how i know

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't have the pistol, but have a PS-90. Ballistics it is a modern 22 Hornet. Earhole pigs works good for coyotes, turkey and smaller critters. Does cause a mess where it hits.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X