Is this a good deal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a good deal ?

A friend of mine has a 2014 Ford FX4 Crew Cab, Long bed, 3/4 ton power stroke. Garage kept, only 28,000 miles on it. Window sticker was $62K,
    he is thinking of selling it for a 1 ton. He told me he was going to ask $47K,
    but if I was serious he was sell it to me for $42K

The truck looks incredible inside and out.

Talk to me

Lariat?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
      Lariat?
      Yes

Comment

I would say that is a good deal. I paid just about the same for mine.

Comment

Originally posted by JACK750 View Post
          I would say that is a good deal. I paid just about the same for mine.
          same year/mileage/condition ?

Comment

Get the trade-in value for your 2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab FX4 Pickup 4D 6 1/2 ft. Find out how to get the most for your Ford F150 SuperCrew Cab, how to start the trade in process online, and how to start shopping for your next car.

Comment

You put 1/2 ton. The truck OP is looking at is a 3/4 diesel.

Comment

IMO it’s a FAIR deal especially with that few miles and if it’s really as good a shape as you say. Lariats are nice!
                That being said, he can “ask” $47K all day long and not get it.
                Go to Auto Trader and punch in all the particulars and you can get a good gauge of what’s really out there. My research has shown KBB value is seldom as accurate as what’s actually out there. Too many variables.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustinb09 View Post
                  You put 1/2 ton. The truck OP is looking at is a 3/4 diesel.
                  I understand. I put ge link so he could do it himself and put in whatever features is has and condition it’s in

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                    I understand. I put ge link so he could do it himself and put in whatever features is has and condition it’s in
                    That's what I did and came up with $41K to $44K so its Fair.

Comment

Is this a good deal ?

Food for thought-
                      (To the best of my knowledge)

In 2015 Ford upgraded the turbo and injectors thus increasing the hp and torque from 400/800 to 2015/16= 440/860 and another bump in 2017 to 440/925.
                      These increases in power came at a cost (according to peeps on the net) of miles per gallon.

So if 400/800 is adequate enough (is for me) then the 13’s & 14’s should be considered a good catch for their improved mpgs over the newer models. Some people don’t care about fuel cost- I see it as less money spent on fuel, the more money I can spend elsewhere.

Is it worth 42k? If it was a color I liked might be the deciding factor for me.

Some would say add some green and nock the word Lariat off the side and you’re talking new truck money.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                        Food for thought-
                        (To the best of my knowledge)

In 2015 Ford upgraded the turbo and injectors thus increasing the hp and torque from 400/800 to 2015/16= 440/860 and another bump in 2017 to 440/925.
                        These increases in power came at a cost (according to peeps on the net) of miles per gallon.

So if 400/800 is adequate enough (is for me) then the 13’s & 14’s should be considered a good catch for their improved mpgs over the newer models. Some people don’t care about fuel cost- I see it as less money spent on fuel, the more money I can spend elsewhere.

Is it worth 42k? If it was a color I liked might be the deciding factor for me.

Some would say add some green and nock the word Lariat off the side and you’re talking new truck money.
                        Lots of good info. $42K for an almost 5 yr old truck is expensive for my budget but I put a lot of miles on them. I have a 2011 crew cab Ram - Gas that is sitting on 175K miles already.
                        I was thinking the diesel may get me double the amount of miles.

Comment

Another thing to consider is the level of Lariat trim.
                          Not all Lariats are created equal. My truck is a low end lariat has leather and split AC , upgraded control screen and a sunroof and that’s about it. No NAV, no grandpa step on the tailgate, no rear camera, no heated seats no cold seats etc.
                          If that truck has all of those items that’s another plus in it’s favor.

Diesels lasting longer than gas? Today’s gas engines have proven to be able to handle plenty of miles with proper upkeep. You’d probably get tired of owning the truck before you “wear out” a modern gasser imo.

The likelihood of a modern diesel incurring a costly repair in the same amount of high miles is a reality most diesel owners just accept as part of owning one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X