Videoconferencing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Videoconferencing

How many of you utilize videoconferencing in your business? Do you like it? What are the pros/cons? What software/cameras/etc do you use?

With a growing footprint we are trying to find a better way to conduct business across the country without having to jump on a plane for every meeting.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Originally posted by Buckley99 View Post
    How many of you utilize videoconferencing in your business? Do you like it? What are the pros/cons? What software/cameras/etc do you use?

With a growing footprint we are trying to find a better way to conduct business across the country without having to jump on a plane for every meeting.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Just use your computer camera and have participants dial in. We use zoom now, but have used many others over the years. Skype is still solid. Really not complicated. Been doing that since 2012.
    No need for software.

Comment

WebEx

Comment

We use google hang outs and it’s pretty solid. Not great for screen and media sharing but real good for face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Kdurham View Post
          Just use your computer camera and have participants dial in. We use zoom now, but have used many others over the years. Skype is still solid. Really not complicated. Been doing that since 2012.
          No need for software.
          I had a really long response typed out and for some reason it didn’t post. I’ve used zoom, gotomeeting, and Skype. I prefer gotomeeting then zoom and if I never use Skype again, it will tickle me pink.

Cameras don’t need to be super nice, and hi def webcam will get the job done. Custom audio may be more of a need especially in decent sized conference rooms with multiple participants. We have drop mic’s from the ceiling for our conf room

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            I had a really long response typed out and for some reason it didn’t post. I’ve used zoom, gotomeeting, and Skype. I prefer gotomeeting then zoom and if I never use Skype again, it will tickle me pink.

Cameras don’t need to be super nice, and hi def webcam will get the job done. Custom audio may be more of a need especially in decent sized conference rooms with multiple participants. We have drop mic’s from the ceiling for our conf room

I haven’t used Skype in a while. I did do a couple of interviews for candidates with it, but no issues. I second gotomeeting. Somehow slipped my mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Skype was fine for pure video conferencing, but it is terrible if your are doing screen share, the screen for participants is tiny and hard to make out text or small graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post

It might be three of us (max) and 1-5 people on their end. With that said would you still recommend a secondary mic?

Comment

It might be three of us (max) and 1-5 people on their end. With that said would you still recommend a secondary mic?

Do you have a conferencing mic for con calls in your conference room? If so, those are fine. Just watch background noise

Comment

I personally like individual dial-in with video vs group setting.

Comment

You should be fine. We have an all staff meeting with 20+ ppl in a conf room and chairs are lines along the perimeter of the room and only 4 or 5 sit at the conf table where the phone is. The mic’s pick up the “peanut gallery.”!
                      (Which I am one of!)

Comment

We use both Webex and Skype at my company. We always use the audio portion for presentations but seldom use the video function.

Comment

Thank you all for the feedback.
                          Last edited by Buckley99; 07-07-2018, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X