No announcement yet.

Building an bolt action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alamo Precision Rifles is a full service firearms retailer and custom-gun maker located in Hurst, TX.

Comment

"a"

Comment

I would just buy the components and have Blake's gun smith build it. That's what I did and could not be happier, and have one hell of an accurate gun.

Comment

Originally posted by kmon View Post
          Which barrel and action would that be?
          It says they're Curtis action and then you get a choice of barrels. Bartlein was one of them I think. Also can choose barrel length.

Comment

For $2k, the Seekins Havak is a lot of rifle and offered in 6.5Creedmoor.
            APR barreled actions are also top notch with stock of your choosing. Still need to bed it.

Comment

You lost me at "one and done"

APR does amazing work for the price. There are also a lot of cheap, accurate rifles these days that can be upgraded over time.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                It says they're Curtis action and then you get a choice of barrels. Bartlein was one of them I think. Also can choose barrel length.
                IMO there is a lot to like about the Curtis actions. The one I have handled made me want one. The 3 lug bolt is one of the things I like best about it.

Comment

Tough to beat APR for the price they offer on custom barreled actions and 700 builds

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
                    I may go with a factory rifle, not sure yet. But I do want it the way I would like. I buy a lot of things I don’t need. Haha
                    The Remington Sendero is as close to custom as you will get from the factory.

You can then bed the action and change the trigger yourself.

I would also get the GS to thread it for a suppressor....but that is me.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post

By that time you could have bought a 700 semi custom from APR that is cerakoted, trued, and doesn’t have a factory barrel

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post

Maybe at one time. The Seekins Havak I think has that title now. Maybe even the Begara before Remington as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                          By that time you could have bought a 700 semi custom from APR that is cerakoted, trued, and doesn’t have a factory barrel
                          I do not see how considering that their barreled actions start at 1700.......

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                            OP ... do you handload , and into wildcats that require brass prep ?

I'm fixing to sell a mint condition 6x47 Lapua barrelled action, 1:8" Bartlien barrel, Greg Tannel trued blueprinted and bushed bolt, Rem 700 (early 70's action), < 300 rds fired. Whenever it stops raining, sleeting, and snowing I'll take pics and list it in the classifieds. Also have a Manners MCS-T bedded by SAC (short Action Customs) but not sure I wanna part with it
                            Sure don’t, one day I would like to bud don’t have the space right now.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                              I would just buy the components and have Blake's gun smith build it. That's what I did and could not be happier, and have one hell of an accurate gun.
                              I figured Blake would be at that level by now! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by JakeGraves View Post
                                For $2k, the Seekins Havak is a lot of rifle and offered in 6.5Creedmoor.
                                APR barreled actions are also top notch with stock of your choosing. Still need to bed it.
                                I actually saw those a few weeks ago..

Comment

Working...
                                X