No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to be interesting that's for sure.

Comment

Gulf waters are warm, very little wind shear to pull the storm down. Its going to intensify until it makes landfall. If it slows down or stalls off shore what's going to happen ???.

There's not going to be time for it to weaken before it makes landfall.
      Last edited by Thumper; 08-23-2017, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        There's a Frank Billingsley joke in there somewhere.

Comment

I keep thinking ahhhh this is nothing.. It's only about 10 - 15 inches of rain. But these maps that people have been posting is showing 10 - 15 inches over a very very large area of Texas. Which means all that has to drain someplace... 10 inches of rain over 10 miles - no big deal. 10 inches of rain over 100 miles - a very big deal.

Comment

Latest model.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170823-232855.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	24509221

Comment

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Tightening up.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                Tightening up.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Comment

Just work up to a blaring hurricane warning from my phone.
                  Also noticed storm intensities increased in a trend toward Cat 1. Harvey def got his spin on tonight.

Comment

Just realized the NHC has the Sunday and Monday location as the same dot. Also they didn't change the rain forecast for the state they just expanded the 15" bubble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post
                      Also noticed storm intensities increased in a trend toward Cat 1. Harvey def got his spin on tonight.
                      Same here. Guess I'll board up here this morning.

Comment

In for the latest models

Comment

Watching the local Houston news this morning. Rainfall totals arent looking good for us in the Houston area.

Comment

Originally posted by Hillary View Post

Same thing here . Got it 3 times on the way to work this morning.

Comment

Wow. Harvey has made some major improvements in organization over night. Almost all factors that were inhibiting development are gone.. very low shear, dry air should be filled in later today, and system appears that its vertically stacked. All systems go for intensification, and models are showing that. Track seems to have certainly zeroed in on the Corpus area, and the GFS and others are getting this to Cat 3/Cat 4 levels. Last night I would have said that seems crazy, but infrared appearance this morning is impressive. If I were in the Corpus area I would not be taking this lightly.. As well, It wouldn't surprise me to a creep little East today.

Serious rain threat is still a major concern for Houston area.

The window is shrinking, and margin of error in models is as well.

Another thing, the spaghetti models that get posted.. there are several "models" in there that are basically worthless. They are statistical type models and shouldn't be taken seriously, IMO. Euro, GFS, and then CMC, UKMET, navgem,and to an extent the NAM are ones to look at it for tropical systems and setup.

Just my opinion, and not an official forecast..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just saw info that Cat 2 wind may be possible for Corpus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X