ground blind? or tree blind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground blind? or tree blind?

Heres on for you guys which one do you prefer and why . Im a ground blind person because I like being eye to eye with the beast!

tree stand. kid moves around to much

Comment

I prefer an elevated position. Better more lethal shot angles, and easier to blend in without having to brush any thing in.

Comment

Ground blind because if I doze off and fall out of my chair it doesn't hurt as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RdRdrFan View Post
          Ground blind because if I doze off and fall out of my chair it doesn't hurt as bad.
          X2

Comment

tree stand. for the lower exit hole and the arrow is easier to find (most of the time).

Comment

For me I like both but it comes down to the weather.

pretty weather.... Game tamer tree stand or a quad pod
              cold/rainy weather...Double bull ground blind (I like dry and warm)

Comment

Ground blind for me....you can get away with murder in one I have had my laptop, cell phone, heater, fan and guest in one while deer where 15 yards away and they had no idea what was going on inside. I have taken a lot of naps as well. I have even closed the front window and snuck out he door and crawled and went to the restroom and returned and they never knew what happen GROUND BLINDS for me 99.999% of the time.

Comment

I prefer ground or only slightly eleveted blinds, (4' to 5'). To me, the more level you are with the animal, the better the chance of getting a double lung shot. When it's hot, my short brushed in tripod is my go to blind.

Comment

Depends on the terrain and situation for me. If I'm hunting by a feeder then a well-hid permanent ground blind would be in order. Hunting trails or crossings I like the elevated tree stands because the deer don't seem to notice them and won't pick me off as easily. I can sneak in and hang one and hunt it the same day. I've tried setting ground blinds on trails and the deer seem to always know something is up. It usually takes a a couple of weeks or so for them to get used to it and by then the pattern seems to have changed and they're not moving through there anyway.

Comment

Ground blind. I always try for the double lung pass through shot. No animal goes far without lungs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ground Threat View Post
                        Ground blind for me....you can get away with murder in one I have had my laptop, cell phone, heater, fan and guest in one while deer where 15 yards away and they had no idea what was going on inside. I have taken a lot of naps as well. I have even closed the front window and snuck out he door and crawled and went to the restroom and returned and they never knew what happen GROUND BLINDS for me 99.999% of the time.
                        With all that stuff, two things come to mind...how many trips do you have to make from the truck to the stand and is there any room for you to sit?

I prefer the trees in a climber!

Comment

I pefer both, learned to hunt from tree with no stand 27 years ago. Ground blinds cover up your mistakes and movement

Comment

I never really did much ground blind hunting until this last year and I must say I like it. I found one of my best stands is in a spot where I already had a tree stand setup. The deer come in and check that tree stand out big time (they have learned that death comes from above) but they will walk 5 yards from the ground blind and not even bat an eye.

Comment

Not tall enough brush on our place so it's ground blinds for us. I tried the 10ft tripod in a tree that I thought was brushed in pretty good but the deer picked me off at 40 yards. Plus, i'm with Breezy, you can get away with alot of stuff in ground blind.

Comment

Working...
                              X