Prayer and praise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayer and praise

Didn't want to derail that fellas snake thread. But does it not devalue the power so many lend to these things to ask/give of it over trivial matters.

60 people lookin. No comments. Just gonna say it. What?????

Comment

Comment

The older I get, the more I've seen the power of prayer work...

1 Thessalonians 5:17-19 King James Version (KJV)

17 Pray without ceasing.

18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

19 Quench not the Spirit.
        KJV

Pray without ceasing.
        ESV

pray without ceasing,
        NLT

Never stop praying.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          And here you started a thread about how TBH goes quiet at night this one will make you ponder all night

Comment

Funny. Thanks crazy horse for the text. God didn't win you $20 on the lotto. What's the line

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
              Funny. Thanks crazy horse for the text. God didn't win you $20 on the lotto. What's the line
              Who is to say God didn't bless me with that $20 lotto win?

Matthew 17:20 New International Version (NIV)

20 He replied, “Because you have so little faith. Truly I tell you, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.”
              I don't question where the blessing came from, I just give thanks to God regardless...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                Who is to say God didn't bless me with that $20 lotto win?

I don't question where the blessing came from, I just give thanks to God regardless...
                No one I suppose if you believe it. It was a game created by man. I'd be more inclined to thank him I didn't trip on a stick. But that was the premise of the question. To give thanks for all or what

Comment

Prayers sent...

Comment

No one I suppose if you believe it. It was a game created by man. I'd be more inclined to thank him I didn't trip on a stick. But that was the premise of the question. To give thanks for all or what

1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version

18 In all things give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

In ALL things seems pretty clear. I don't think our concerns or fears or even wants are trivial to God. That also means being thankful in situations where you didn't get your way. That's the tough part.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                      Prayers sent...
                      Guess I should have known better

Comment

Nothing wrong with the question you asked. I think we've all wondered the same thing at one time or another.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          1 Thessalonians 5:18 King James Version

18 In all things give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

In ALL things seems pretty clear. I don't think our concerns or fears or even wants are trivial to God. That also means being thankful in situations where you didn't get your way. That's the tough part.

That is actually another point I was concerned with. Prayer in performance rather than outcome.

Comment

Didn't mean it that way.

I have to pray often that my faith will be strengthened. I know that my heavenly Father is concerned about all areas of my life and I should be more diligent to thank Him for the places I perceive as coincidence.

Matthew 7:11 is where I go when I begin to question.

Comment

Or outcome rather than performance I should have said

Comment

Working...
                              X