any aTm corp cadets or ROTC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any aTm corp cadets or ROTC?

Need to speak with someone that can give real advice.

My son spanked a few of his military tests outta the park. They suggested West Point but really looking to stay in Texas, research says aTm is the best (or at least commissions the most army officers).

Looking to try and talk to someone before he heads to MEPS on the 2nd to sign up for Army Reserves. Want to make certain that DMS is right for him and that all things set before starting this journey.

Please PM number and a time to call and I will.

Thank you ahead of time and God Bless.

Brandon

Brandon- I'm an SFA ROTC grad and have trained with Texas A&M cadets on a couple occasions. I have also known countless West Point grads over the years as well. I was enlisted for six years and then commissioned in 2003. I'd be happy to help provide some insight but due to my location, it's not practical for you to call me. I'd be happy to call you, if you'd like, and we can get sync'd on time. I'm seven hours ahead of you in Texas. Let me know and PM your number if you're interested.

And kudos to your boy for his desire to serve.

-Kyle

Comment

I was in the Corps, but graduated 40+ years ago. I also was D&C (Drills & Ceremonies=no military obligation following graduation) so I don’t know if I’d be of much help at all. About all I can tell you is how great the Corps of Cadets & A&M is. PM me if you want.

Comment

Tamu

1. Those who have never attended A&M can’t comprehend the dedication, traditions, and love Former Students have for Aggieland.

2. Former Students can’t eloquently enough explain our feelings to those in category 1 listed above.
        IE: “You had to be there to understand”

Congrats to your son!! Remember that ONE of our traditions is that Aggies help Aggies and there are a BUNCH of us around the world! The ONLY regret I have of my time at Aggieland is that I couldn’t be in the Corps since I graduated in 3 years instead of 4.

Larry Tatom
        Centennial Class of ‘76
        Last edited by Tejas Wildlife; 12-23-2017, 05:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
          1. Those who have never attended A&M can’t comprehend the dedication, traditions, and love Former Students have for Aggieland.

2. Former Students can’t eloquently enough explain our feelings to those in category 1 listed above.
          IE: “You had to be there to understand”

Congrats to your son!! Remember that ONE of our traditions is that Aggies help Aggies and there are a BUNCH of us around the world! The ONLY regret I have of my time at Aggieland is that I couldn’t be in the Corps since I graduated in 3 years instead of 4.

Larry Tatom
          Centennial Class of ‘76
          "From the outside looking in, you can't understand it. From the inside looking out, you can't explain it".

Comment

Yes Sir!

Comment

My son just graduated from A&M on 12/15, did 4 years in Corp of Cadets and earned two scholarships to study Russian in Kyrgyzstan in consecutive summers. His minor was Russian. The cadre at A&M work their buts off to prepare these young men and women for their future whether military or civilian. Their is a Aggie network all over the world both civilian and military, something about a degree from A&M carries extra weight. Tradition like no other school, those that watch the Corp step off the quad before a game is an awesome sight. Pm me your number if you need more info. Good Luck

Comment

Sent you a pm!

Comment

pm sent

Comment

Brandon, congrats to your son. My brother and I both went through the Corps at A&M. He was commissioned into the Navy. I went D&C (no military commitment). I wouldn't trade those experiences. Although a lot has changed with the Corps in the past 25 years, I still think it is the best option for guys wanting to go into the military but don't want to go to one of the Academies.

Comment

Thank you all.

I will reach out to each of you. I told him knowledge is power and advice is free knowledge ��

Gonna have a family holiday meal and will contact this evening.

Did any of you go reserves and ROTC at same time?

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                        Did any of you go reserves and ROTC at same time?
                        I did not, but have friends that did. There are pros and cons for either option.

Comment

Originally posted by agtex42 View Post
                          I did not, but have friends that did. There are pros and cons for either option.
                          What we have found is that it will postpone him a semester to got to boot and AIT

Comment

I am no help, but I do know that if he can get a West Point appointment, his education is paid for!

Comment

I am no help, but I do know that if he can get a West Point appointment, his education is paid for!

I also have a friend in West Point now (plebe) and several friends who are West Point graduates. If you want, I can give you their phone numbers to get their advice.

Comment

Working...
                              X