Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High End Scotch Recommendations needed!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Just found macallan 18 and rare cask in the store 200 yds from my house. Never had much sherry though and sounds like the rare cask is very sherry esk. Thoughts?

Comment

They are both over 300 there though which seems high for them

Comment

Originally posted by ltsheets View Post
          Just found macallan 18 and rare cask in the store 200 yds from my house. Never had much sherry though and sounds like the rare cask is very sherry esk. Thoughts?
          I don't drink sherry. A sherry cask is different. It adds to the flavor but doesn't override the mix the particular whisky has. I am definitely a Spieside fan more so than the other regions. It's all a personal preference.

Like I said before, don't like The Macallan 15 but love the 12 and 18. Made with different "stuff" for flavor.

For an everyday Scotch I drink a Speyside Glen Moray 12 that surprised me for a less expensive Whisky. When I step up it's "The Macallan". Again, personal preference.

And yes, it's "The Macallan".

Comment

They are both over 300 there though which seems high for them
            If you not in a hurry, search the internet for better prices. And might even go to the "The Macallan" site and learn about the things used to make each one. Or go to a nice bar and sample several. That's how I learned what I like. Just don't remember how I got home...

Comment

I wish a nice bar was an option. Don't have that in Clovis NM lol

Comment

duplicate
                Last edited by Tx_Wader; 08-25-2017, 08:59 PM.

Comment

I do have the Laphroig quarter cask already and like it a lot. Ask him how it compares to the 25 yr?
                  He said he hasn't hat the 25 just the 18 but loves this stuff.

I tried it, takes like crap to me but then I don't like wet peat moss LOL!

Not a Scotch drinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                    He said he hasn't hat the 25 just the 18 but loves this stuff.

I tried it, takes like crap to me but then I don't like wet peat moss LOL!

Not a Scotch drinker.
                    Back in my drinking days I liked scotch and decided to try Laphroig. Spit the first mouthful out. After a couple more I really liked it. The big upside to it was you don't have to worry about anyone else drinking your liquor

Comment

I wish a nice bar was an option. Don't have that in Clovis NM lol
                      Come see me at 4ore in Lubbock. I have McAllan 15, 18 and 21 on the shelf in the Loft. I also have 58 other whiskeys if you would rather try something else.

Comment

Macallan 18 is an excellent choice

Comment

Personally i would be trying a Highland park... Highland Park Scotch Single Malt 17 Year Ice Edition is $499

Highland Park Odin $369 at total wine...

Oh and CONGRATS!!!!

Paging DOC MAY! I feel you would have solid advice here
                          Last edited by catslayer; 08-26-2017, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WildMatt84 View Post
                            Balvenie 30 year
                            x2 on the Balvenie

Glenkinchie 24 Year Old 1991

And absolutely anything from Balblair Distillery if you can get your hands on it.

Comment

Well I found a bottle of Glenlivit 25 yesterday. Hope it's delicious!

Comment

I will definitely file that away for the future!

Originally posted by talltexasshoote View Post
                                Come see me at 4ore in Lubbock. I have McAllan 15, 18 and 21 on the shelf in the Loft. I also have 58 other whiskeys if you would rather try something else.

Comment

Working...
                                X