Bad first shot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
    I covered the entire property this morning in the daylight. Buck is not in there. He sure didn't act like a deer that was critically wounded. Best guess is I caught liver. I know it happens sometimes but it still sucks. Hopefully he will show back up in a couple days.
    If you think you caught liver and gave him plenty of time. You should be able to find him.

Hope the neighbors will let you look on their place.

Comment

Sorry to hear that I know the feeling

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
        I covered the entire property this morning in the daylight. Buck is not in there. He sure didn't act like a deer that was critically wounded. Best guess is I caught liver. I know it happens sometimes but it still sucks. Hopefully he will show back up in a couple days.
        If you did hit the liver, the sad reality is that you probably won't be seeing him again! I hope it was somrthing else, and he does show up for you again.

The buck I shot this year had been shot by another hunter the day before I got him! It was in the backstraps though, and that buck acted like there was nothing wrong with him till my arrow hit him!

Sorry you did not find him!

Bisch

Comment

I will learn from this one for sure. I can still see the arrow flight in my mind. The bucks were pretty jacked up and running each other off. I saw him start moving right as I let go but there was nothing I could do. Lot of places for urban deer to hide once you shoot them. I assure you my Sarrels Puma is gonna kill a lot of deer before it is done. I enjoyed the challenge so much more than with a wheel bow. I doubt I will ever go back. Once this turkey digests I am gonna get back after it.

Comment

100% with Bisch on this one, if he was hit in the liver...he is dead, no doubts. Here's Hopin ya find him! Good Huntin, and God Bless, Rusty

Comment

Yep... get back in the saddle and get after them.

Comment

Working...
              X