Can 3 Be Too Similar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can 3 Be Too Similar?

Understanding that each cartridge has its own purpose / function, and unless you want them just because, is it to redundant to have a 22Mag, .223, and a 22-250?

Keeping in mind that the .223 is an AR and proposes a unique / fun option.

Thoughts?

Nope not at all depending on the platform of each. .22-250 for predators and long range varmints. .223 AR everyone needs at least one in the arsenal. And the .22 mag for close range varmints and small predators.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
      Nope not at all depending on the platform of each. .22-250 for predators and long range varmints. .223 AR everyone needs at least one in the arsenal. And the .22 mag for close range varmints and small predators.

Exactly what I was going to type

Comment

Also, some public land hunting requires a rimfire be used for squirrels, pigs, varmints, etc... , so I bounce between 22mag and 17wsm

Comment

I have a 17hmr and a 22mag. Then a .223, 22-250, 22-250AI, and then up to a 6 Creedmoor and larger. Thinking I need something between the 22mag and .223. An AR 5.7x28 with 50 round mags would be pretty cool.
          I don't think 5 are too similar so a big NO to your question.

Comment

Thanks, lol!!!!!!

Comment

Boy I hope not, 'cause I have all three. Each serves a purpose as westex said. The 22-250 doesn't see much use anymore, and actually neither do the .223s I have, but I'm keeping them anyway !

Comment

You need a good 22LR...

Comment

Those are actually 3 of the main calibers I use. I use the .22mag for varmints and even close predators,.223 for saving fur and 22-250 for calling tournaments when killing on the spot is more important than tearing up hides.

There's definitely a noticeable enough difference in power between the 3 that it makes sense to own all of them. Shoot a prairie dog with a .22mag then shoot one with the 250....you'll know why you own both.lol
                  Last edited by okrattler; 08-14-2017, 07:54 PM.

Comment

You really NEED a good .222 Remington to go with those....

Comment

Originally posted by BDann View Post
                      You really NEED a good .222 Remington to go with those....
                      And a .22 Hornet. I am chomping to get one of those.

Comment

These threads crack me up - all the, 'does this fill a niche?' and, 'does it make sense to get a .*** if I have a .yyy and a .zzz?' Jeez, fellas- if you want one GET it! You're not ever going to lose your man card for buying a gun. Lol! There's not really a need to get permission from the GS - 'wanting' one is all the excuse you need!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use those 3 along with a .204 in the mix

Comment

Working...
                          X