• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

awesome!

Comment

I love it. That is awesome. Congratulations to her

Comment

Congratulations!!!! What an honor for a freshman. We had a freshman girl from Menard with the 100 hurdles and set the state record. I will be looking for great things from these two young ladies.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

That's awesome, congrats

Comment

That's cool. What was the previous record?

Comment

AWESOME !!!! Congrats to you and your daughter. My daughter played club volleyball with the girl from Blum that came in second, so we were kinda following along as well. Congrats again to Rylee !!!

Comment

awesome, congrats to her
                i had to read that jersey again when i saw Aquilla
                i went there back in 2000 for my sophmore year to take care of my grandma
                they still have the barn as a gym?

Comment

That's unreal! Big congrats to you and the young lady

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                    That's cool. What was the previous record?
                    That is a good question. I would guess it was 5'3" since 5'4" is relatively low. The young lady from Blum must have had a bad day, it shows on the 1afan site that she had jumped 5'10" earlier.

Comment

I guess I'm confused when you say new state record.

Because the state record for girls high jump is 6'4". That is also the National Record.

Congrats to her regardless!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                        I guess I'm confused when you say new state record.

Because the state record for girls high jump is 6'4". That is also the National Record.

Congrats to her regardless!
                        sure he meant class record as in 1A
                        hell of a jump for her and congrats again

Comment

The state record has to be set at the State Track Meet. I sure did not intend to mean that it was the all time greatest jump, though some of the measurements on those may not stand up to the test. Sorry for any confusion.

Comment

Originally posted by refugioco View Post
                            The state record has to be set at the State Track Meet. I sure did not intend to mean that it was the all time greatest jump, though some of the measurements on those may not stand up to the test. Sorry for any confusion.
                            No worries! I don't really keep up with high school track much anymore. But I do follow the pros pretty close, mainly the throwers.

Made it state myself in the discus when I was in high school my senior year (2002) and took the bronze with a throw of 182'. I was in an unfortunate position as Brian Robison happened to be in my region. He has the discus state record (or did, at least) with a throw of 215'. He went on to play football and throw for UT and he still plays DE for the Minnesota Vikings.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                              No worries! I don't really keep up with high school track much anymore. But I do follow the pros pretty close, mainly the throwers.

Made it state myself in the discus when I was in high school my senior year (2002) and took the bronze with a throw of 182'. I was in an unfortunate position as Brian Robison happened to be in my region. He has the discus state record (or did, at least) with a throw of 215'. He went on to play football and throw for UT and he still plays DE for the Minnesota Vikings.
                              That is great to know, Rylee is talking about adding events like hurdles and pole vault, but the heptathlon is only a couple of events more with a couple of throws too. May need a throwing coach, hint..hint..

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                                X