What you love most about hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What you love most about hunting

What is the thing you enjoy most about hunting and being at the lease or the camp. I'll start us off. My favorite thing is going to the bow stand on a cold crisp morning and giving my dad a fist bump before we hunt. And the calm still moment when I thank God right before I let an arrow fly. Whatcha say?

Being still and knowing that HE IS GOD!!

Comment

The colder the better. Watching all the world wake up is the best for me.

Comment

I really love the sounds of hunting. Everything from treelimbs snapping, doves flying up, turkeys gobbling in spring, and oh the beautiful sound of an arrow crunching through a ribcage.

Comment

Originally posted by elkbowhunter View Post
          Being still and knowing that HE IS GOD!!

Comment

Being in the stand at sunup and hearing/seeing the woods wake up. Love It!!

Comment

I've hunted with the same basic group of folks literally ALL MY LIFE. Sure hunting has changed, some of the people have changed, etc. But by and large, deer camp is the thing in my life that has changed the least in the last 30 or so years since I've been going. I LOVE deer camp, I LOVE those people, and I LOVE watching nature happen on it's own without knowledge that I'm watching. And I positively hate change.

Comment

Watching the world wake up!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SB09 View Post
                  Watching all the world wake up is the best for me.
                  Notice I didnt quote the "colder the better". Haha. I like hunting in the cold better then hot. But Ive froze my hiney off several times. haha.

Watching the woods come alive is definitely the best part though.

Second is having a deer 15yds away (or underneath your climber), listening to the corn or grass crunch while they eat and knowing you out smarted this one. Up close and personal with the animals = why i bow hunt instead of rifle.
                  Last edited by JoseyWales82; 09-27-2013, 09:09 AM.

Comment

Spending time with my wife and sons without any distractions(For you guys with young children...Remember Pics Last Forever take lots of them when they are young and in the outdoors).....Ohh and the Food I cook

Comment

solitude

-john

Comment

I apologize for the small novel I'm about to write.

There are so many things I love about deer camp, each for a different reason. The sheer solitude and serenity of being outdoors surrounded by nothing but nature and my thoughts gives me time to reflect on how grateful we all should be for what God has given us. When an animal walks in front of me, I feel as if I am on a different level of awareness, all of my senses are heightened and I can feel every movement that animal makes as if it were my own. I will never be able to get over that feeling, and I love it.
                        Another reason why I love going to deer camp is the ability to create bonds between friends and family that would not be there otherwise. You can grow closer together by simply sitting around a campfire and laughing with another person. No tv, no cell phones, just people and their thoughts. That is what we were made to do, and getting back to that is a humbling experience. Also, sharing meals with family is arguably the most enjoyable experience one can have, an we all know thy food tastes better at deer camp!
                        Lastly, the fact that our camp house has no electricity or running water creates a surreal feeling of seclusion. Yes, I do have coolers with cold drinks and food at all times, but something about the simplicity an difficulty of living that way fosters an appreciation for life that I would not have otherwise.

These are all the reasons I love deer camp

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                          Being in the stand at sunup and hearing/seeing the woods wake up. Love It!!
                          One of my favorites. Along with a good campfire after the evening hunt.

Comment

Making memories for my friends, family, customers, and myself.

Comment

Originally posted by str8shooter View Post
                              being in the stand at sunup and hearing/seeing the woods wake up. Love it!!
                              this^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X