No announcement yet.

Rocks to prevent school shootings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It "might" work if the teacher happens to be a former ball player. Think about your average teacher and the corresponding athleticism/coordination. The shooter could stand still until said teacher exhausted the bucket of rocks. OR, active shooter wears a skateboard/hockey/football/baseball helmet to eliminate the marginal effectiveness.

I feel dumber for even responding to this with a logical argument.

Comment

The kids are the problem. Arming them with rocks will surely backfire. They will get their feelings hurt by a classmate or teacher and the rock fight will be on. Really stupid libtard logic at on display yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
        There are tons of weapons in a school that are better than rocks. Scissors broke in half make two knives,chairs,lap tops and desk hurt when you get hit in the face with them. And did we forget about paper cutters? There's basically a machete attached to the side of a board. Break that and cut someone's head off with it. Get creative people seriously. Don't just hide in a closet or under a desk like a dope. Fight back.
        Agreed, use the rocks in conjunction with whatever else you can get your hands on.

Quote from the article:
        But if an unarmed teacher decides to lockdown a classroom, instead of being passive as they had been trained to do in the past, Helsel said his kids will be empowered to defend themselves.

“Obviously a rock against a gun isn’t a fair fight, but it’s better than nothing,” he said, adding, “I’m not sure why some people feel that it’s more appropriate to be a stationary target under a desk in a classroom rather than be empowered to defend yourself and provide a response to deter the entry of an armed intruder into their classroom.”

For many years, libtard educators have been teaching our kids, that it wrong to stand up and defend themselves. Now we have an educator that's telling the kids that it's OK to defend yourself. You don't have to cower under a desk passively waiting to be killed. My kids are grown now, but they were taught from an early age to stand up for themselves. I would prefer that teachers be trained and armed, but until that happens, a bucket of rocks is better than politely asking a shooter to not shoot you.

Comment

I guess that means the Gun Free Zone signs aren`t working ?

Dang , now I feel dumber for responding ! Thanks agwrestler . LOL !

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            There are tons of weapons in a school that are better than rocks. Scissors broke in half make two knives,chairs,lap tops and desk hurt when you get hit in the face with them. And did we forget about paper cutters? There's basically a machete attached to the side of a board. Break that and cut someone's head off with it. Get creative people seriously. Don't just hide in a closet or under a desk like a dope. Fight back.
            Yes sir, we had a lockdown situation at my son’s school the last day of the 1st semester. I happened to be there for his Christmas party. And like a good law abiding citizen I had disarmed before I entered the building. Talk about a stupid feeling, being in that situation with an empty holster!

I didn’t dwell long, I was the lone male in the room and as the teacher shepherded kids and parents alike she approached me. I whispered if he comes through that door he will have to come through me also, she looked relieved. I the. Discretely grabbed a pair of scissors from her desk and a roll of quarters from their money counting lab and took a position.

Turned out to be nothing and we have a strong LEO presence in our small town, whether off duty or on patrol they were on campus to assist the resource officer in a few mins.

I get the concept of rocks, it’s better than nothing, but not by much. Someone mentioned ball bearings/marbles and slingshots. That’s a helluva an idea there.
            Last edited by Playa; 03-24-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

If I have a gun, and I wish to murder.... and your throwing anything but lead back at me- I will still murder until I’m done. A mob bum rush would be more effective with less lives lost, lives would be lost... but less than a bunch of probably non athletic, scarred out of their mind people throwing gravel

Comment

Lets just keep teaching our kids to be scared. Better train them to be ninjas!

Comment

I'm getting tired of seeing that scrawny little **** all over the news, calling for gun control. He needs a good back hand

Comment

Rocks..really? Typical Lib solution. They’ll want a grant from the government to buy em.

Comment

This is guy responsible for leading the education of children. The future of our country. God please help us.

Wonder how those tax payers feel about paying his salary.

Comment

Working...
                      X