340 Inches of Antler in One Day! TBHVJ 28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

340 Inches of Antler in One Day! TBHVJ 28

Another Video Journal from CDLC as part of our Deer Camp Series! Our buddy, Gary, accumulated 360" of whitetail antler in one day!

Meanwhile, those that followed the Live Hunt from this one will recall that Jeanette made what appeared to be a great shot on a doe, but the trail ran out and we never found her. Be sure to watch until the end for the update on her doe, and see the buck that was standing 15 yards from out blind the entire time that we never saw - and never would have without the reverse angle Osmo cam!

What do you think about the shot on the doe?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1EeGErvEtE"]360" of Whitetail Antlers Killed in One Day! TBH Video Journal 28 - YouTube[/ame]
    My Flickr Photos

I'll watch it shortly, anticipation is building up quickly!! 360 inches is a lot of bone for one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another great video. Crazy that the doe made it that far, tough animals for sure

Comment

Michael, your videos are some of the best hunting videos I have seen. I really enjoy them. As far as the shot on the doe, I think it was ill advised. The combination of the deer slightly quartering toward the shooter, and the front leg being back was reason to hold off. That doe was definitely on alert, and I'm sure that played a factor in making what looked like a rushed shot. There wasn't much arrow penetration, but given the angle and leg position, I don't think she could have placed it much better. Always sucks to lose a deer. I'm glad you showed it as part of your series. It's hunting, and it ain't always pretty.

Comment

Ugh, vid won't play on my phone...

Comment

Likely 2 holes in the doe would have produced the desired results too... not sure what J-Net's set up is, but looked line mechanical head in the video... maybe a COC head like the Stinger would have given better results... Bottom line, your analysis is spot on. We could all spend 3 pages of what if's that might all be helpful/informative, but quartering-to shots are ill advised on deer, and especially on what seems to be a low poundage set up and not one tuned for maximum penetration.

I've just started watching your video series and I am getting motivated!! Thank you sir for taking all the time to do this. It is obviously a passion for you and you're pretty good at it!
            Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 02-20-2017, 09:56 AM. Reason: tnik fingerz

Comment

CDLC produced some GREAT bucks this year. Congrats to all of you guys. That was a great shot on the doe and I never would of guessed it would of led to a .75 mile trail. Deer do weird things. I think you shoot 10 deer there, 7 get recovered shortly. Keep the videos coming and good work once again.

Comment

Great video really enjoyed it. The shot was a little tuff with leg in that position. Not sure the bow set up maybe it would have been better with more poundage or maybe not. It sucks to lose a deer but that happens sometimes, my opinion is that it was not a terrible position for that shot just was not ideal. Enjoyed the video.

Comment

Great video, always enjoy them.

Comment

Great video

Comment

Originally posted by starn11gy View Post
                      Great video really enjoyed it. The shot was a little tuff with leg in that position. Not sure the bow set up maybe it would have been better with more poundage or maybe not. It sucks to lose a deer but that happens sometimes, my opinion is that it was not a terrible position for that shot just was not ideal. Enjoyed the video.
                      Couldn't have said it any better. The deer was alert and the bow set up and broadhead may have contributed but the shot placement was solid. Not much else to say. Sucks to lose any deer but it's just bowhunting and it will happen to you if you are in the game very long.

As always...great video Michael.

Comment

Thought this was gonna be another DD thread at first.

Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                          Thought this was gonna be another DD thread at first.

Good stuff!
                          lol me too

Comment

Tagged for when I get out of IHOP [emoji16]

Comment

Good stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X