Deer swimming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer swimming

I thought y'all would enjoy these pictures. With all the rain we have had in north texas deer still amaze me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

The last weekend at Granger I watched 12 deer swim across a flooded creek.

Comment

Wow those are some cool pictures. Is that a flooded creek or just so much rain in a low area?

I remember the first time I saw deer swimming across amistad lake to get to some islands to eat fresh green growth, I was amazed.

Comment

See them often swimming across Lake Austin.

Comment

that's cool

Comment

Saw them swimming a bunch behind my house during Harvey.

Comment

I watched one swim a lake and another swim a very large river this year. Killed a nice 8 a few years ago that just got out of a lake chasing a doe. They can swim waaay better than most think
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Low Fence; 01-15-2019, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Those are some pretty neat photos

Comment

Very cool, I’m surprised they do this considering how vulnerable they become.

Comment

I know some ole boys that used to drop their dogs off on pine island, on Lake Livingston,and then circle it waiting.....they killed some good deer while swimming away....always at night and illegal as hell. Scallywags!

Comment

Deer are great swimmers. I have watched plenty of them swim across Possum Kingdom Lake from my parents porch. We watched an 8 pt chase a doe into the lake and follow her swimming in a circle approximately 700-800 yards and back out onto the shore back around Thanksgiving. They were both in the water a solid 12-13 minutes straight and left the water on a run. Amazing animals!

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
                        Deer are great swimmers. I have watched plenty of them swim across Possum Kingdom Lake from my parents porch. We watched an 8 pt chase a doe into the lake and follow her swimming in a circle approximately 700-800 yards and back out onto the shore back around Thanksgiving. They were both in the water a solid 12-13 minutes straight and left the water on a run. Amazing animals!
                        I almost hit one in the boat doing ~68-70 in the middle of the lake to the north of Costello Island about 20 years ago. I don't know what it would do to a boat hull, but I'm sure it wouldn't be an enjoyable ride.

Comment

We saw deer in two different occasions run into a pond and swim circles to avoid coyotes.

I’ve found two deer we shot floating in ponds.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
                            Wow those are some cool pictures. Is that a flooded creek or just so much rain in a low area?

I remember the first time I saw deer swimming across amistad lake to get to some islands to eat fresh green growth, I was amazed.
                            Yes it's a flooded creek that runs through the property.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                              I watched one swim a lake and another swim a very large river this year. Killed a nice 8 a few years ago that just got out of a lake chasing a doe. They can swim waaay better than most think
                              Good picture. I always knew they could swim..just didn't know how well.

Comment

Working...
                              X