Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F2 50 front wheels outside edge Warn causing wobbling

F2 50 front wheels outside edge Warn causing wobbling

Is there a reason that my front two tires would wear on the outside edge. Now my left one if I had a bump will start because the truck to wobble. The outside edge does appear to be wearing on evenly. I have 39,000 miles on it. Air pressure in the tires is normal

New set of shocks and front end alignment. Might want to rotate tires front to back as the ones showing wear won't correct themselves.

Comment

Worn pitman arm and worn ball joints will make them death wobble. A frame bushings and other stuff too. Road walking also seems to be a trait in lots of F250's. My nephew's 2006 F250 is a bear to drive in any kind of crosswind.

Comment

Tie rods, ball joints, Shocks. All of the above. My 02' F250 is due for its 3rd set of ball joints and 6th set of tie rods.

Comment

ours at work does that. Had many front end repairs and alignments. Still wears the outside edges of the tire. When we kept 4 street tires on it, it wore pretty evenly because we could rotate, but with the mud tires on the back and not rotating, its noticeable. Never experienced a wobble though. Just a bunch of slack, even with new steering box and ball joints.

Comment

Working...
          X