Large Deer Blind Designs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Large Deer Blind Designs

Anyone have any ideas, pictures or designs for an 8ft by 8ft deer blind? We are wanting to build a large deer blind for all of us and the kids and have it on an 8ft or 10ft tower. We were thinking of using deerview windows and door and smartside panels for the exterior. Let me know if y’all have any thoughts on this.

I'm building an 8' long by 6' wide by 8' tall blind. I don't really have a set of good plans, I'm building it in sections to carry to the lease. I have it planned in my head . I'm using Deerview windows and door.

Comment

Probably the best, cheapest and longest lasting would be to find someone that sells the Tank End Blinds. I bought one that is 8' diameter and 8' to the top center. It is thick fiberglass and will last a lifetime, but it is very heavy. It survived not being moved by a tornado that came through camp that flipped my 27 travel trailer that was sitting 15 yards to the north of the blind.
      Just buy the shell untouched and cut the doors and windows you want.

Comment

I built a 8x8 a couple years ago for a local place we hunt. Its built with brackets that are for 4x4 for the main base with 2x4 cross braces with plywood floor on top of that. From there its framed like a house with 2x3 and 3/8 plywood sides, oil base paint and metal roof. Built it on a trailer in my driveway cause I knew it was gonna be HEAVY. Heavy it is, used a skid steer to raise it to fit the legs, which were only 4ft since its on top of a hill. Its very roomy with a 2x12 fitted as a shooting rail/shelf on the front half of it, my 3 yr old, my wife and myself get in and even with large office chairs there's room for my daughter to lay down/play etc. Put lights in it, battery, solar, dark tinted windows, and big buddy heater. Its warm in the cold and windows open up and drafts good when its hot.

Comment

Do a search.
          I just used octagon in the search bar.
          I just built the 8’ octagon.
          Has detailed plans with cut lengths and all. I just can’t figure out how to post the link

Comment

MediaFire is a simple to use free service that lets you put all your photos, documents, music, and video in a single place so you can access them anywhere and share them everywhere.

Comment

Working...
            X