Light weight rifle Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Light weight rifle Recommendations

Looking to buy a new rifle for an upcoming Mulie hunt. Need something lighter than all my current deer stand rifles lol. What recommendations do ya'll have that won't break the bank? Any help with caliber, scope/mounts, etc. is appreciated.

Originally posted by Texantax View Post
    Looking to buy a new rifle for an upcoming Mulie hunt. Need something lighter than all my current deer stand rifles lol. What recommendations do ya'll have that won't break the bank? Any help with caliber, scope/mounts, etc. is appreciated.

Tikka 7mm-08 is perfect for what you want to hunt. Light, compact, and extremely accurate. I poke everything with a 243 myself though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to mention, elk may also be a possibility on this hunt

Comment

Check out Rifles Inc. in Pleasanton.

Comment

Tkka or Browning X bolt in a 30-06, 270 wsm, 7 mag or 300 win/wsm

Comment

Know where a Tikka T3 Hunter is in 270WSM with less than 200 rounds through it. Easily meets their one MOA guarantee

Comment

Tikka is tough to beat in a factory rig.

Comment

I have a Tikka T3x in 308 with Talley extra low rings and a Leupold VX3i 2.5-8x36 scope. I also had the barrel cut down from 22.5" to 20". The total package weighs 6.8# and was $900 including cut/crown

Comment

7Mag, 300WSM.

A-Bolt or Tikka is a deal.

Comment

Willing to buy used?

Thirty year old Seven Hundred in Seven Magnum.

Comment

Originally posted by shooter2007 View Post
                      Check out Rifles Inc. in Pleasanton.
                      Lex's rifles will break the bank big time

Comment

Kimber Hunter in 7mm08. I topped mine with a Bushnell Elite 4500 2.5-10x50 and Talley Lightweights. Think I was right at a grand for the whole package. She shoots Moa with me shooting(which is pretty sporty for my shooting skills) and is nice to carry. And a 140gr Accubonds will take care of elk with no problem.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Bust out the googler and look for a Colt Lite Rifle. Most will shoot sub-moa and I think are a good buy around the $600 price point or so. I don’t know if parts are readily available and if that is a concern, pick up something built on a 700 or clone. .280 or .300 of most flavors would be my choice.

Comment

Thx fellas! What else y'all got?

Comment

Thx fellas! What else y'all got?
                              What do you call breaking the bank? The new Barrett hunting rifles are sweet shooters but higher priced.

Tikka with you choice of flavor is pretty hard to beat especially for the accuracy.

A price range would help alot

Comment

Working...
                              X