No announcement yet.

Urban Trapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After one costing me right at $3k for siding repair when I lived in the suburbs I had an entire different outlook on squirrels. Nice set up for trapping.

Comment

There was a post where someone made snares and put them along the fence to catch them too

Comment

A few more and you got dinner.

Comment

Batteling them also right in the heart of dfw area.
          $700 worth of damage to wire harness of my 2018 silverado last month.

Comment

That's what I use. I put it on the fence like above but lay it horizontal. Works like a charm.

Comment

I also have problems with feral cats. Caught a couple in the live trap and released them in the country. And I do mean feral. These two had me worried about what would happen when I turned them loose. Really trying to get at me through the trap. Made me think about filling up a trash can with water and letting them swim for a bit. Then there was the one on Christmas day that was meowing, purring and rubbing on the inside of the cage begging me to let it go. Knew it was some ones pet, so it got a pass and let go. The elderly neighbor that was feeding them went to stay at assisted living with his wife, and the son he left at the house can barely feed himself, so maybe the cat problem will ease up with no one assisting their upkeep.

Comment

I have to watch how I set up the connibears, my Boston Terrier would be in one if I didn't set them up high.

I did not have any luck with the live trap when I tried it 4 years ago. Only caught opossums. Which was fine, needed to thin them out also. Now if the people that own them would keep the chihuahua dog gang under control down the street. Apparently the immigrant people living in the area don't believe in leash laws. The lady at animal control asked me if I ever tried to catch a chihuahua when I asked here why didn't they do something about it. There is one down there that must be pretty tough, my wife has ran over it with her car twice. We think she killed it, but it shows back up after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                  I have to watch how I set up the connibears, my Boston Terrier would be in one if I didn't set them up high.

I did not have any luck with the live trap when I tried it 4 years ago. Only caught opossums. Which was fine, needed to thin them out also. Now if the people that own them would keep the chihuahua dog gang under control down the street. Apparently the immigrant people living in the area don't believe in leash laws. The lady at animal control asked me if I ever tried to catch a chihuahua when I asked here why didn't they do something about it. There is one down there that must be pretty tough, my wife has ran over it with her car twice. We think she killed it, but it shows back up after a while.
                  Probably goes by Lazarus

Comment

I worked with a pest control company for a bit here in Austin. We trapped 84 coons at a used car dealership in a matter of 3 months. They were using the road drainage culverts to travel. Kept eating the car wiring harness'.

Comment

I have a 220 conibear. Thinking about making a square bucket setup for larger game. Racoons, feral cats, and such. Have to keep the Boston Terrier (June Bug) out of that for sure. Probably make one, but reserve it for special projects, and keep using the live traps baited with cheap cat food. Want to get rid of the feral cats, but don't want to dispatch house neighbors pet cats.

Wish I would have gotten into trapping when I was younger and had access to lots of land that relatives and parents owned.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
                        I have a 220 conibear. Thinking about making a square bucket setup for larger game. Racoons, feral cats, and such. Have to keep the Boston Terrier (June Bug) out of that for sure. Probably make one, but reserve it for special projects, and keep using the live traps baited with cheap cat food. Want to get rid of the feral cats, but don't want to dispatch house neighbors pet cats.

Wish I would have gotten into trapping when I was younger and had access to lots of land that relatives and parents owned.
                        I use the square buckets cat litter comes in---works great. And as far as feral cats go---they don't get released, they get disposed of. They are a non-native invasive species that does lots of harm to birds, small mammals, and reptiles.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                          Is this Junior Miller from the Ticket?

You would have had to been listening to the Ticket this AM to get this statement.

This was on Gordo’s Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never seen those traps. I bet I would clean up if I put one on my Pecan tree. Nice work!

Comment

I have seen them at bass pro but didn't notice price. I used a couple of 16" long 1 x6's and a fence picket for the other two sides. Cut slot for the spring, cap one end, bait and wait. Check you tube squirrel trapping for ideas. They make a tool to collapse the spring, needed it early last year, but as recovery coming on my grip strength lets me easily set these. Like any spring trap, careful when set. The 220 however, no way I can set it without the tool. Scare me a little.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                                This was on Gordo’s Twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                How did you get into the book depository building? Well done!

Get about 5 of them squirrels and fry up the rear legs like buffalo wings. Pretty dang good. Have fun trapping them . They are crafty.

Comment

Working...
                                X