Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks! He was probably a liberal!

Comment

His employer is ignoring me. Maybe I should file trespass charges with the Sheriff’s office. I have 100% irrefutable photographic evidence.

Comment

Shouldn't have let him inside yor house They can take pictures from afar

Comment

Originally posted by Berretta Man View Post
          I went out to my property a couple of years ago, got out to unlock the gate. Somebody had taken duct tape and completely wrapped the lock, enough I had to cut it off instead of unwrapping it. I thought it was a friend messing with me. When I got it off there was the tax assessors card against the lock with a note to call him about improvements on my place. I was ****** but what do you do???
          Let him in then saranwrap his car while he’s taking pictures. Be sure to throw in a couple dead fish under the seat for him to find a few weeks later. Paybacks a B!

Comment

Trespassing in Texas. Must be properly marked and in many jurisdictions must have been issued a prior trespass warning in presence of LE. Someone driving up your driveway is not trespassing. Does UPS or anyone deliver to your residence? Unless you close your gate and lock it and properly post it then it’s not trespassing. It doesn’t matter they are just going to fly it or satellite it

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
              They would probably get shot at my house.
              Riiiiiggght...

Comment

Comes down to the realization that we all have a false sense of ownership when in reality we are glorified lessee's of the Gov't. They will get the info eventually one way or the other and possibly make it worse. At least it seems that way from my experience. Not saying you should roll over and make it easy by any means. And yes they will have arial views able to look inside windows if allowed.

Comment

Property taxes are the biggest fleecing ever perpetrated by governmens. It's legalized theft.

When I added on to my porch they called me to get permision, so I gave it to them, knowing what would happen. They called back the next day and told me I needed to lock up the dog because he nearly chewed up the appraisor. I said "well I guess he didn't give you permision, you'll have to take your pictures from the fence."

Comment

I am worried about the Houston tax folks trying to get in my company to see what they can tax. Computers, phones, vehicles, etc. My accountant says to tell them to pound sand. The 6 foot fence and 2 very grumpy dogs will enplane my position.......

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                      So when is it OK for a Tax Assessor to just drive on your property(under construction), invite himself in, and start taking measurements. I'm floored they can just do as they please without even asking the owner for permission.
                      Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                      I am worried about the Houston tax folks trying to get in my company to see what they can tax. Computers, phones, vehicles, etc. My accountant says to tell them to pound sand. The 6 foot fence and 2 very grumpy dogs will enplane my position.......
                      City of Houston knocked on my door and wanted to actually come in and take pics, I am very proud of what my wife told them (can't type it here) but if you're familiar with "The Heights" you know the city is trying to tax out the blue collars for more revenue

Comment

Can you shoot down the drones?

Comment

I have a locked gate 3 acres fenced with hog wire and a top strand of barbed wire with two dogs. That's why we got drowned. We fight our property taxes every year. Its a ***** to deal with but you have to or they will hit you every year with more money for them to spend on there fell good projects..

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
                            Yup. They will tax you for every little thing that can be considered personal property. Then keep it on an automated tax roll. Tell me how it makes sense that property which by definition can be easily moved is kept on an automated tax roll?

Send them a rendition stating said property has been removed? Doesn't matter, its getting appraised based off of last years tax roll. You better have the time and necessary items to prove it wasn't there January 1. That is if you can get a hold of anyone that will help you.

Comment

In Guadalupe County, they use a airplane and take pictures. They do so in the winter, when most of the trees have lost leaves. I am pretty sure I saw their plane flying over sometime back in December. I don't know for sure that's what the plane was doing, but it kept flying back and fourth for a long time. So I figured they were taking pictures of property.

Comment

Originally posted by frios View Post
                                They use drones now. haha
                                drones can be brought down!

Comment

Working...
                                X