No announcement yet.

It’s just a deer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are rules on most leases, just like in life. You agree to follow them when you set foot on the place. It's not that hard to follow them and cover your bases. It is not that hard to be rule abiding. We do it everyday of our lives in some sort of fashion. If you or your guest break them, yall are to blame....the enforcer of the rules is not to blame and didn't do anything wrong. He is there to help things run smoothly so that the group as a whole can enjoy the place. We allow a little leeway, but chronic issues get removed. If kicking said rule beaker off is in the best interest of the place to make the folks who follow the rules or the landowner happy, I have no problem with it. But being upset with the enforcer is like blaming a cop for you speeding or punching a guy in the face when you get arrested. We are not liberals here. The rule breaker is the problem....even if just a deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
      Rules are only clear to the people who write them at the time they are written.

In my experience, these "lease bosses" are typically the people who have no natural leadership abilities in everyday life and use this to fulfill their need for power. Maybe they should spend their blood, sweat, and money on keeping enjoyment in the hobby and that might save them some tears. Tears, really, your doing something wrong.

"Nice deer" is relative.

I bet you’re a blast at parties [emoji849]

Comment

In my experience, these "lease bosses" are typically the people who have no natural leadership abilities in everyday life and use this to fulfill their need for power. Maybe they should spend their blood, sweat, and money on keeping enjoyment in the hobby and that might save them some tears. Tears, really, your doing something wrong.
        "Nice deer" is relative.

Congratulations on the dumbest post of the year for 2018.. Way to take it down so close to the end and snipe it out from underneath the previous leader. Well done...

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          There are rules on most leases, just like in life. You agree to follow them when you set foot on the place. It's not that hard to follow them and cover your bases. It is not that hard to be rule abiding. We do it everyday of our lives in some sort of fashion. If you or your guest break them, yall are to blame....the enforcer of the rules is not to blame and didn't do anything wrong. He is there to help things run smoothly so that the group as a whole can enjoy the place. We allow a little leeway, but chronic issues get removed. If kicking said rule beaker off is in the best interest of the place to make the folks who follow the rules or the landowner happy, I have no problem with it. But being upset with the enforcer is like blaming a cop for you speeding or punching a guy in the face when you get arrested. We are not liberals here. The rule breaker is the problem....even if just a deer.

Exactly....

Comment

"Nice deer" is relative.

* you're

Comment

I'm at my "Wits End"
              Some of y'all remind me of liberal democrats. You're making the rule breaker out to be the victim.

Comment

To build on what you said, Bud, here's my reminder story.

The year before last I was hunting on the last day of the season in a stand that we really had not seen much from all year. But that day was different. It was like a parade of does and young bucks every 15 minutes for 2 hours. A family member was hunting on the other side of our place and they also saw deer. They shot at a nice buck but made a bad shot. The buck took off in my direction. For an hour they begged and pleaded with me to come help them. I refused for some time because I felt if the buck was wounded he might come by my stand with all of the other deer. I finally relented and went to help.

We tracked that buck for 1500 yards and the last blood was 20 yards from my stand. I was furious. At the end of the day I only found peace when I told myself, "It's just a dang deer, Tracey. It ain't nothing compared to your family."

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                  I hunt a place with 5 other hunters. There is no rules on size or age of deer you can take. Only one other guy is kind of management minded. I pass on a lot of deer that other hunter take. I am perfectly happy with that, Great guys. But one of the other hunter made a comment one time that shed lite on me. He said that " no one wants to hear that someone pass on a buck that they killed". It got me to thinking and I don't tell any of the other members that I pass the deer up when they shot it and so proud of it.
                  we had a group of guys hunting in missouri 2 years ago, one of my buddies killed what he thought was a "135-140s" 8pt on a farm that one of our other buddies had hunted the day before.

when we found the buck he was a lot closer to 125 and the guy that shot him says, (not as an excuse, he just thought it was a better deer), that he thought the buck was limping a little and the guy that hunted there the day before says, "he wasnt when i watched him for 20mins yesterday."

he didnt mean it as a jab but of course we all busted out laughing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bud View Post
                    For the past few years I have sat back and read thread after thread that really disturbed me. I have managed to not respond to most of these but one I read tonight finally put me over the edge. I have read time and time again how friends have been lost, and families broken up, and thousand of dollars spent over a deer. This is just my opinion so if you don’t think You want to hear it then skip and move on.

Folks.......it’s just a deer.

I too can be mesmerized by a big rack. I too have dreams of killing a big old Texas 160” monster. But, at what expense. Would I be jealous if my lease mate shot “my deer”.

It’s just a deer.

Does it really matter if your neighbor shot the deer at four years old scoring 130” or waiting two years and shooting him at six years old and he scores 150. If he got enjoyment at shooting a 130 then what difference does it make. I’ve seen people call other people idiots for shooting a “young deer”. What difference does it make?

It’s just a deer.

When the good Lord put the animals here for us he said to have dominion over all the animals. Not just the trophies.

I have no problems with trophy hunting. In fact I like to shoot old deer. But I’m not in the business of putting my opinions on ther people. That is all. So my advice is simple whether you heed it or not. Remember, it’s just a deer.
                    So just for arguments sake.

It is ok for you to tell people to just deal with it so to speak, but they can't tell others doing something we don't like to stop or be upset? I am just saying you telling those to just deal with is the same as those that get upset when their neighbor does something they don't like?

I for one will not cast the first stone.

Like I said just being devils advocate.

Comment

There are 2 kinds of leases.
                      1. Leases with strict rules that everyone knows and agrees to before committing to the lease.

2. If its brown it's down clusterf$$&. "Billy's cousin was out here last week and that shot everyone heard was him just target practicing. That good buck must have been taken by someone else"

If I had to look for a lease I'd prefer one with strict policies. I really dont want a bunch of cigarette buts left in my blind by Duanes buddy who I never met.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                        There are 2 kinds of leases.
                        1. Leases with strict rules that everyone knows and agrees to before committing to the lease.

2. If its brown it's down clusterf$$&. "Billy's cousin was out here last week and that shot everyone heard was him just target practicing. That good buck must have been taken by someone else"

If I had to look for a lease I'd prefer one with strict policies. I really dont want a bunch of cigarette buts left in my blind by Duanes buddy who I never met.
                        theres always a duane

Comment

I like more moderate to athletic sized racks. That being said..."It's just an opinion"

We live in world of self indulgent hype. The more exclusive something sounds the better we feel about it. Personally I only feed protein that's been grown from rare plants only found in the deepest parts of the Amazon jungle. Only harvested on a full moon between the hours of 3am to 5am before the sun has a chance to start photosynthesis and sour the grain.

Comment

On the surface, yes, it's just a deer. But that's a very shallow view of it.

What goes on leading up to the harvesting of a deer is what does the damage. You can have people you trust lie to you, trespass, etc. to get a chance at "just a deer".

It's like if I kicked down your door, tied up your family, murdered your dog and then stole a football.

Should you not be mad because "it's just a football"?

It's usually the acts leading to the kill that are the rub, not the harvest itself.

Comment

At the end of the day it’s just a deer. I’ve watch some guys act like clowns because a kid shot a 3 year old 10 point. To this day the kid has nothing to do with that Uncle- And it was over a deer. I mostly duck and bird hunt these days. I’ve never seen a fist fight over a pintail or white wing. I would imagine there are some guys reading this that have lost friends and family over a whitetail deer.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                I'm at my "Wits End"
                                Some of y'all remind me of liberal democrats. You're making the rule breaker out to be the victim.
                                You think a game warden looks at a 10 inch wide dead buck as just a deer? How about the back of a pickup full of does shot at night? They're just deer.... how about the poached drama buck? Heck it was just a deer ..

Comment

Working...
                                X