No announcement yet.

Best 12 gauge semitauto for under $1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll throw out a Benelli Montefeltro or agree on the Franchi Affinity. I have both in walnut and can't visibly tell them apart although staying under $1000 may mean synthetic. I think my Montefeltro is a little smoother than the affinity though. I have more expensive shotguns (M2, etc.) and like my Monte the most. You can't go wrong with any of the "B" guns though.

Comment

Beretta A300 or a Winchester SX3.

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
        beretta a300
        this, love mine

Comment

Originally posted by mattjproc View Post
          beretta a300
          I have a brand New matte blued 12 gauge for 700. Won it in a raffle this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
            Friends wife is looking to get him a shotgun for Christmas and was looking for advice. Was thinking about the 1187, but not really as familiar with current gun models as I used to be. Mostly upland hunting, maybe a duck or goose or 2 thrown in. Thoughts?
            She needs to get him $1000 in an envelope and let him pick it out. While there are a lot of nice shotguns in that price range, fit and handling are a personal thing and of huge importance in shotguns, and no one on here can tell him the what is right for him. He might find one he likes and then make sure it is not junk before he buys it though

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
              She needs to get him $1000 in an envelope and let him pick it out. While there are a lot of nice shotguns in that price range, fit and handling are a personal thing and of huge importance in shotguns, and no one on here can tell him the what is right for him. He might find one he likes and then make sure it is not junk before he buys it though

best advice yet.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                Beretta A300 or a Winchester SX3.

This, except the Winchester Super X 3 is now released as the Winchester Super X 4.

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post

This right here.

I personally hate the way a beretta shotgun fits me and do not like shooting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    This right here.

I personally hate the way a beretta shotgun fits me and do not like shooting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and I cant stand the way a benelli cycles. Too much noise. I like the other B gun from 1980 303s to current xcels.

Have the guy go shoot some stuff before she spends her money

Comment

Believe it or not the mossberg 930 jm tactical is awsome

Comment

Beretta A300 hands down. If you go with the Outlander Composite the stuck is adjustable.

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
                          love my browning silver hunter
                          Love mine ^^^ too.

Comment

Originally posted by Saltaholic View Post
                            Stoeger m3500

Been shooting a stoeger for 12 years and I can keep up with the high end brands with minimal maintenance. Benelli owns stoeger and uses the same parts on allot of it
                            X2, I love my m3500

Comment

That price range, Id have an A300 for sure.

Comment

I have not yet seen anyone complain about their Stoeger M3500. The Beretta A300 is a maximum of a 3" gun, which makes it less of an overall gun. The M3500 does 3 1/2" so if one wants to shoot geese or turkey, he's got that in the bag.

I have been looking too, and I am settling on the M3500 myself. A person can drive them self crazy trying to find the perfect anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X