Cut Feeder Wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cut Feeder Wires

Someone took the time to cut the wire coming off the motor to the battery. I rewired it and started it running again. Wonder how long it will take for them to come back.

You have a lease member or neighbor who’s doing that. I actually had a lease manager years back on a lease I was on doing the same thing to me and my dad. He would check our cameras then erase the cards and disable the feeders in some way. Deer make grown men act like children at times.

Comment

I wouldn't be too concerned about them finding again.. I would be concerned who did it though..

Comment

Time to hide a cam pointing at your setup

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
          You have a lease member or neighbor who’s doing that. I actually had a lease manager years back on a lease I was on doing the same thing to me and my dad. He would check our cameras then erase the cards and disable the feeders in some way. Deer make grown men act like children at times.
          That sounds like a good story. Post it up. Curious about this now.

Comment

Originally posted by CrookedArrow View Post
            That sounds like a good story. Post it up. Curious about this now.
            Not a lot to tell really. There was a huge buck on our end of the lease and he was so obsessed with the deer to the point he was paranoid that other hunters were seeing him and not sharing at camp. Thats what we think anyways. We found out it was him by putting a trail cam on a road that went into our area and we got a picture of him going in and coming out during the week when nobody was up there. After I found a spent hull in my stand and asked him about it and he could not look me in the eye and basically just said he didn’t know anything about it and just walked off I knew it was time to pack my stuff and go.

Comment

I just repaired mine last week.

Pretty sure it was a squirrel.

Comment

Not a lot to tell really. There was a huge buck on our end of the lease and he was so obsessed with the deer to the point he was paranoid that other hunters were seeing him and not sharing at camp. Thats what we think anyways. We found out it was him by putting a trail cam on a road that went into our area and we got a picture of him going in and coming out during the week when nobody was up there. After I found a spent hull in my stand and asked him about it and he could not look me in the eye and basically just said he didn’t know anything about it and just walked off I knew it was time to pack my stuff and go.
                yep... similar story... left a good lease due to it. But on a better one now.

Comment

We had a neighbor destroying and stealing feeders from us. My best friend saved me from a prison sentence when I caught the guy. Only took one year on that lease to have enough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow that sucks

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                      Someone took the time to cut the wire coming off the motor to the battery. I rewired it and started it running again. Wonder how long it will take for them to come back.
                      100 dollars says it's a racoon hanging on the wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
                        100 dollars says it's a racoon hanging on the wires.
                        I'd love to pay you if that's the case. Just wonder why a coon would cut the zip-tie holding the box around the battery and motor just to hang on the wires.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          We had a neighbor destroying and stealing feeders from us. My best friend saved me from a prison sentence when I caught the guy. Only took one year on that lease to have enough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                          I would hope I had a good friend around to keep me out of prison if I caught someone tearing up my stuff

OP I hope you catch the sorry individual

Comment

I think I would be worry about other issues.

Comment

Any way to hide one of those hot fence wires around your set up?
                              Love to have that on camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X