Built some bows!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Built some bows!

I have been building bows to go to the salt flats. I need a 50# bow that will cast a 500gr. arrow 222 yds. Well as close as I have got is 208 yds so I still have some work to do. Here is some of them .
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Selfbowman; 01-23-2017, 09:29 AM.

More pics ? The ones on the right made 200 plus . The ones on the left 180 plus.
    Arvin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Selfbowman; 01-23-2017, 09:24 AM.

Comment

For my own knowledge why do you want to shoot a 500g arrow 220 yards? Great looking mess of bows you have there.

Richard.

Comment

That's what it takes to get a World Flight Record in one of the classes. Arvin

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
          That's what it takes to get a World Flight Record in one of the classes. Arvin
          That's awesome! Good luck with your endeavor.

Richard.

Comment

Are there restrictions on the string? Possible a string change could net you 20 yards.

Gary

Comment

For the sake of competition, what draw length is the 50# measured, the archer's DL, or a preset draw length?

Comment

Oh and Arvin... don't let those 180s go to waste... you can just mail me one b

Comment

What does the flight arrow look like? How much difference in distance between a flight arrow and a standard 5" fletched arrow?

Comment

Those are lofty goals, and I have no doubt you'll achieve this. Best of luck Mr. Weaver.

Comment

Wow...that's nice!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Comment

IBO World Titles from your bows (from different archers)... Well my friend the flight record is in your grasp, it is just a matter of time

Comment

Good luck, Arvin! Bet you git er done!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Comment

The arrows have to weigh 500gr. Have 12" s of fletchings at least 1/2" high and a 7/8 wide broadhead. Basically a hunting arrow. 50# at archers draw .string has to be all natural, linen or silk or sinew . Arvin
                            Last edited by Selfbowman; 01-23-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Just make the string as small in diameter as possible.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X