Need help with age/score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with age/score

We are on a lease in Coahuila, Mexico near Villa Union. We dont have alot of experience with these type deer as we are from the Hill Country(kerrville). We dont want to shoot anything less than 5.5 no matter the score. Weve never hunted anything bigger than 140ish. Yall opinions on age/score on these 3 bucks would be appreciated!
    Last edited by DallasCoon12; 11-03-2018, 08:45 AM.

Not seeing 5.5 on any of them. 3.5 or less in my o2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Looks like you could have some giants in a couple years

Comment

Here’s another one

Comment

All 4 are bigger than weve ever shot but we dont want to shoot 3.5 year olds.

Comment

Another angle of the 8

Comment

All appear to be 3-4 year olds to me. 130-140"

Comment

All are young up and comers. Nice deer in a few years for sure and for certain.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

We’re hoping there are some older age class bucks on this ranch but we haven’t seen them yet!

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                        We’re hoping there are some older age class bucks on this ranch but we haven’t seen them yet!
                        Many ranches in Northern Mexico have had a shortage of older age class deer for the last few years. Drought in 2011 - 2012 really took a toll. 6 and 7 year olds might be hard to come by. Should have a few 5 year olds, if they havent already been shot by previous hunters. 3-4 year olds should be aplenty.

Comment

Interesting to hear. We hunted out of Laredo a few years ago on a package hunt but we’ve never hunted this far north. We will have to be patient I guess.

Comment

That last buck you posted is a tank. I will go against the grain here and say I think he's a 5yo.
                            Looks like you have a great ranch. Did you guys feed protein this year?

Comment

Wait for a 170 beast and don't pull the trigger early.

Comment

Working...
                              X